HELP! How to save fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Eben m

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have had this Oscar for a couple weeks and he was doing great in the tank. He loves to eat and always comes out when I get close. I saw 2 days ago he had some white spots and I immediately thought it was ich. I was told ich spreads fast so I waited a day to see if it was ich and how fast it spread. Not one other fish has any spots. Every fish eats fine including him and over the couple days he has had spots he has only gained a few. Today he has one on his eye. I’m not sure if I should treat for ick and if that’s safe to do if he doesn’t have ich. Please if anyone has advice on what to do help me out.
D3901ED1-E760-41C8-B7A9-07BBB6FEDDC0.jpeg

Welcome to TFF

What size tank is the Oscar in, and what are his tankmates?

Hard to tell from the pic, but I don't think it's ich...and that Oscar looks awfully skinny...is it a juvenile?

What decorations, tank, and kind of substrate do you have? That also doesn’t look like ich to me, and based on the picture they look like flat small areas. If they are flat, and considering those areas are black naturally, it could be from pigment loss from other fish picking on him or him hitting into the decorations or substrate. In my South American cichlid tank, some of my fish have similar patches but they are not black in color so it is more of a paler patch as cichlids can get a little bit mean.

Doesn't look like ich. I had those oscars in the past and some showed the same thing. It was pigment loss. If that's the case with yours, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back