Help help help!!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppy._.lover

Reaction score
I once kept about 8 guppies in a 3 gallon bucket I knew it was pretty overstocked so I bought a 25 gallon tank for them I thought they would flourish but boy was I wrong all the fish from my bucket died within a.week I though it was stress from moving them so I bought about new 20 guppies now there's about 12 left can anybody explain why this is happening and I have about 2/5 of it covered by giant salvinas and 5 Lilly pads

Is you tank cycled? What is the temperature? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH?

That's also a lot of guppies for a 25g. I would only put about 15-17 adult guppies in a tank that size.

That's also a lot of guppies for a 25g. I would only put about 15-17 adult guppies in a tank that size.
There are only about 7 adults and 3 juvies left but the are still dying I can't test the water since my lfs do not sell kits :(

My friend has a pond just about 10 gallon with dirty water but still manages to keep about 25 guppies without one being dead he does not even have an airstone

If you did not cycle the new 25g, this is most likely the issue. Do you know about cycling? There are explanation articles here in the "Cycle" forum section.

As for the 10g pond and related comments...remember that our goal as aquarists is to provide the healthiest environment possible for you fish, rather than less just to have more. Who knows what state the fish in your friends 10g pond are actually in, physiologically? Don't go by what appears to work but what is best.

Byron.

The fish which are left just rest on the salvina roots and just slowly become inactive and die out is it because of the plants and there was a rotting Lilly pads which I currently removed could it be something bcuz of it

Sounds like it was caused by an uncycled tank. Did you put the fish in immediately after filling the new tank with water? New tanks need to sit and cycle for about two weeks or they need media from an already filtered tank to speed up the process.

Sounds like it was caused by an uncycled tank. Did you put the fish in immediately after filling the new tank with water? New tanks need to sit and cycle for about two weeks or they need media from an already filtered tank to speed up the process.
I did not cycle i

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back