HELP! Guppy has strange tumor(?) under belly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aimee_fiq

Reaction score
Heyy, I'm new here. I would like you guys to share your opinion on the condition of this little guy. Just got him from LFS and just realise it got that lump-ish thing right at the centre of the belly. I know for sure it's not poop bcs I'm pretty sure that's not the anus of the fish. Any help? Thanks x

Attachments

• _20191003_175115.JPG
    _20191003_175115.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 1,447
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can you post a few more pictures of the fish?

If you only got the fish today or yesterday, take it back to the shop and get another one. It is either the intestine sticking out its butt or a hernia (rupture in the skin and muscle and part of the stomach or intestine sticking out).

I agree. It is not a tumor. It looks more like his intestines or something coming out.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can you post a few more pictures of the fish?

If you only got the fish today or yesterday, take it back to the shop and get another one. It is either the intestine sticking out its butt or a hernia (rupture in the skin and muscle and part of the stomach or intestine sticking out).

Yes! hernia was the word I was looking for. :# I couldn't get a better picture of him but from my observation it is most probably be hernia. What would eventually happen to him if i were to keep him with me? Will he be okay like that or do i need to separate them? Bcs he looks active and fat as well.. Shame to see him go :(

I agree. It is not a tumor. It looks more like his intestines or something coming out.

Yeah I definitely agree as well thankss for replying :))

I was going to say camalanus worms but we all seem to agree that its a hernia
I just googled camallanus worms, and that's not a bad shout WinterSoldier!
Can't hurt to treat the whole tank with Levimasole?

Last edited:
If it is a hernia, the intestine usually gets damaged and infected, then the fish dies. Just return the fish and get another one.

I just googled camallanus worms, and that's not a bad shout WinterSoldier!
Can't hurt to treat the whole tank with Levisamole?
As the OP points out in post #1 - wrong place for worms.

Fairly new here. I wanted to see if there was anything identified with this guppy. I found this thread by searching for exactly what is in your picture. I have a female guppy, born in my tank, about 6 months old and all of a sudden this growth appeared. I don’t remember the last time I have not watched my fish eat during feeding. Had to be months ago. Feeding is when I take an inventory. Anyway, there she was with that same growth. This tank has never even had ick and now this out of nowhere. I see several examples of this problem but no answers. I a, still searching but was hoping for help. I have my girl in her own medicated tank and she appears to be fine, however that thing on her belly is still there. Help....

JMort, if you can post pictures of your fish, we will have more idea of what is wrong with it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back