Video HELP GOURAMI PROBLEM!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emma101

Reaction score
just bought 2 honey gourami. they are all fine no fin rot nothing out of the ordinary, got them home and realised something. One of the gourami has a black eye. not 2 black eyes only one. i dont know if he is blind or if i can fix it? PLEASE HELP - pic attached to look yourself

Attachments

• D7260AFE-C6D8-417F-8148-79B1479E60FE.jpeg
    D7260AFE-C6D8-417F-8148-79B1479E60FE.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 254
- it moves as well so it dossnt look like its rotting away, when i seach it up nothing comes up so i have no clue what it is and am worries

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It could be blind in that eye. A normal healthy eye has the dark spot in the middle (the pupil) and a lighter bit around it. Sometimes fish get dark eyes from stress or aggression but normally it doesn't stay dark all the time.

Male honey gouramis can get black/ dark eyes when they have matured and coloured up. This dark eye colour matches their body colour. Your fish hasn't coloured up.

If the fish swims along the side of the tank and keeps its dark eye close to the glass, then it is probably blind. Fish that have lost an eye or are blind in one eye will normally try to stay near the side of a tank or rock. They keep the bad eye next to the rock or glass so they can use their good eye to see what is coming towards them.

If the fish is swimming in the middle of the tank and associating with other fish and not acting strangely, then it is probably colouration.

Can be so hard to tell. I don't know if he responds to you during feeding time yet. But if he does react when you approach the tank. Simply sneak up to the tank on his bad side. See if he responds. If no response make yourself seen by his good eye and guage his reaction. Not 100% but may give you a sign. We have an opal with basically a blue shining scale over his eye due to an injury. Sometimes with an eye injury or sickness they will actually form what appears to be a scale over it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back