Help! Goldfish back scales

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You should always keep them below 20 but lower is better. I aim for 5-10 in my tanks.
Interesting. I just didn’t a Nitrate Test in my 29g and I’m seeing 6ppm. Is this good?

Do they need chiller? i have this goldfish for almost 2 years not a problem
Depends on what external temp is. You live on Thailand correct? From what i understand it gets pretty warm there no? Goldfish arent tropical species. Should be in temps between 68-72 degrees F some do well in as low as 60'

20 gallons is fine for that fish. Fancy goldfish have squashed bodies and so their internal organs are tighter. You have to be very careful in not over feeding them. Sometimes it’s just genetics and nothing you can do. I just lost a beautiful fancy goldfish that was over 3 years old. I tried everything to save him but I believe his kidneys stopped working properly. Again, genetics probably played a role in it.

Id go with a 20 high over a 20 long. Goldfish because of there body type do better in tall tanks than longer tanks.

I though they were supposed to be at 25 maximum, preferably 15-20. I’m confused. :dunno:
I think maybe you are thinking of needed nitrates for plants. Plants consume nitrates and sometimes will exhaust the nitrate in a tank which will cause algae to take hold of limited nutrients which is why plant keepers dose nitrates. Ideally the plants should get nitrates from fish waste and food waste but sometimes thats not adequate for tanks with heavy plant load. So it really depends on your fish load and plant load. There are varying opinions on how much nitrates ones plants need to thrive the estimative index i believe suggests 5-30ppm. Ive seen people with heavily planted tanks have 30ppm and higher which is fine for plants not so good for fish. Personally i try to keep mine around 5-10

I think maybe you are thinking of needed nitrates for plants. Plants consume nitrates and sometimes will exhaust the nitrate in a tank which will cause algae to take hold of limited nutrients which is why plant keepers dose nitrates. Ideally the plants should get nitrates from fish waste and food waste but sometimes thats not adequate for tanks with heavy plant load. So it really depends on your fish load and plant load. There are varying opinions on how much nitrates ones plants need to thrive the estimative index i believe suggests 5-30ppm. Ive seen people with heavily planted tanks have 30ppm and higher which is fine for plants not so good for fish. Personally i try to keep mine around 5-10
That's is what I was thinking of, thanks. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back