HELP FISH SWIMMING WEIRD MIGHT DIE

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Clare_C

Reaction score
I just got my water tested yesterday before I got my electric Blue ram (all at my lfs who has never steered me wrong)- heā€™s now swimming all sorts of ways. Heā€™s having trouble staying above the gravel too. His colors are perfectly fine other than some white around his belly but that might be stress from being in a new tank. I drip acclimated him
One of the danios I have had a bent tail and stays near the gravel but I thought I quarantined him fast enough, maybe they have swim bladder disease????
I put the SMALLEST amount of aquarium salt in to see if that could help... I have no idea whatā€™s wrong!
Im really paranoid and scared about this, he was doing fine all night and within the last hour this started.
I keep losing him, every time I look away heā€™s in a different spot..

Update: he died. Iā€™ve been watching his so carefully and within an hour he stopped swimming right and died... because of the kind of fish he is Iā€™m not sure the store will do anything about it

Sorry to hear that but Iā€™ve heard rams are one of the harder fish to keep
Update: he died. Iā€™ve been watching his so carefully and within an hour he stopped swimming right and died... because of the kind of fish he is Iā€™m not sure the store will do anything about it

Just the stress of moving and a new tank could have done it. Iā€™m sorry for your loss. :(

was the tank cycled? how warm was the water? it could have been the stress

was the tank cycled? how warm was the water? it could have been the stress
Yes the tank was cycled and I got the water tested right before I got him. Water was at 77.2 Fahrenheit. My lfs has no explanation when I brought him in so it seems to be a mystery

In that case, it should be cycled so that shouldn't be the problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back