Help Emergency

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

*blacksnapemoor*

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a blackmoor fish it seems very week it is swimming on its side an is not useing its right fin much even tho its in a empty tankl i really need help i am changing the water 3 times a day aan changin 2 3rds its only a small taank gettin a new 1 fri i have been advised 2 starve it an feeditb a unfrozen unsalted pea 2morro but dunno if will make thought the night please help thanks

Lack of punctuation makes reading difficult :p LET ME BREATH! haha, I would really recommend putting this in the emergencies section also as more experienced 'fish healers' will be at hand there :)

Why did you post twice?

The fish is going to die. Poor thing, it must be miserable.

Best thing. Start over new, get a decent sized tank with a filter, cycle it.

You are using water, that most likely has chloramine, which doesn't evaporate, along with heavy metals. You didn't cycle the tank. The tank has no filter, and is WAY too small for the goldfish.

i no but if u wuduve read my orther thing u wud no i got it fron my uncle as a prezent an ran out 2 get a tank coz i didnt have 1 an he didnt no thats y but am not just gonna let it dye without a fight thats y i need help

i no but if u wuduve read my orther thing u wud no i got it fron my uncle as a prezent an ran out 2 get a tank coz i didnt have 1 an he didnt no thats y but am not just gonna let it dye without a fight thats y i need help

Well, you can try, but i'm sorry, I am not going to give it very long...

It's difficult to give you advice as you don't have any of the equipment necessary. I realise this isn't your fault though.
The only thing I can think is if you have a large storage container or something similar which can hold water? This could be a bit better than the current tank if it is significantly bigger. The container would need to be clean, but not cleaned with detergent.
If you have something like that, or could get something like that, which is bigger than the tank and holds water, and is clean but not cleaned with detergent, you could put the fish in that instead. The increased amount of water will help somewhat, although the lack of filter will mean the water quality will still be poor.

i cant get anything thanks anyway ill have a look any kinda material?has it got anythin to do with the waterr beecause its moving its mouth like its gaspping

errrmmm i have nothin bigger for the fish to go in if i add more water to the tank will that help?

Empty it out almost completely, using bottled water, make sure it is room temperature though. Do this every few hours if you can. Make sure you a pouring it in from a higher height, but not so high it causes too much water movement. Are you sure you don't have anything bigger? A vase, or tubberware container? A large plastic storage bin?! A bowl, anything!!!? Be creative!

Where do you live?

I just read this thread- a gold fish is one of the messiest fish! Some people go along with a betta in an unfiltered tank- they live, but not the happiest life. Gold fish need at least a 55 gallon tank, or a pond with EXTRA filtertation. When you get the bigger tank, if you do, here is a list of things you need.

Big tank
hood
power filteration
gravel if you want it
decor
algae scraper
dechlorinator
buckets
gravel vacuum
ammonia to cycle
liquid test kit (API is good)
fish net
Goldfish food
plastic plants if you want

These are things to get you started. Make sure you cycle your tank. I startes withou cycling and everything went wrong! I was in such a mess! But now that I started over, and off to a good start, I laugh back at thinking: putting 2 tetras in an uncycled tank! :lol: If you get all this stuff, you will be of to a good start. Here is the link to cycling. Sorry, but that fish is going to pass away. You might as well just give it away, empty your tank, and start over. You can use that tank later after you get a bigger the goldfish.

Goldfish need 20 gallons for one, then 10 gallons for everyone after.

The tank has no filter, has non de-chlorinated water, hasn't been cycled, probably over fed, and is way too small. As said before, thats probably what did it. Get at least a 15 gallon tank (black moors stay smaller) with a good filter, and some seeded media and you should be good. Get it ASAP, and he may live.

When the fish dies, sadly.......... start again and get these items;

-Tank, big one
-Filter; external if tank is over 40G
-Sand/gravel
-Plants/plastic/real (optional)
-Light
-Stones (optional)
-Air stone, air pump
-Fish Food
-Water conditioner
-vacuum, siphon
-Bucket
-Thermometer
-Algae scrubber, if you have live plants.
-Test kit
-Fish net

Good luck on your next tank............... RIP for the little fishy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back