Help - Cherry Shrimp Dying

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rooster

Fish Herder
Reaction score
:crazy: Every day for the past 4 days, there has been half a dozen bodies in the shrimp only tank.

Tested water, nothing unusual... temp @ 78F , nothing new added..... but still they fall :-(

Ive dropped the temp a tad, and done a couple of big water changes.... not sure what else to do.

Most of the dead are red adults... and the others are happy to dismantle them... :sick:

I just cant see anything that changed, so whats going on ???? ANY ideas please ?

Sorry to hear that Rooster, I think I worry about my shrimp more than my fish sometimes - especially on days when I can't find them!

Only thing I can think of is that there must be some sort of contamination i.e. heavy metals or small traces of household / other chemicals?

Maybe split the population run a small simple tank for a few and see if these fair any better?

Ask water board if they have been working on pipes recently?

No CO2.... and I cant see anything foreign in the tank - its a complete mystery !
Just come in to find another 7 corpses.... :crazy:

I did a water change on Sat, other than that nothing new... and the water went into my show tank too, no casualties there though ! :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back