Help - Changing Current Setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gavin3171

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The story goes - I had an established tropical tank. I then decided i wanted somthing more interesting as guppies and mollies wasnt keeping me entertained and wasnt challenging enough. I changed over to brakish water and i have two figure 8 puffers and some bumblebee gobies. Now im looking to go back to tropical but keeping cichlids.

Questions are:

1. Do i just take all the salty water out and start filing with Freshwater again or do it bit by bit slowly diluting the salt amount untill its all gone?

2. What fish for a small 65L tank.

I have been to my LFS who have said i cant have anything really as the tanks to small (not great advise). They were pointing me to oscars and then saying they will get too big, discus then they will get to big. So really putting me off the idea of changing back and saying get mollies and guppies again.

They said if i was to get interesting fish like the last oscar they had in stock, i would soon have to take it back to them (in months time) as it would get too big. It was about 80mm at the time in length.

Im looking for brightly coloured fish to stimulate younger kids eyes. My girlfriends, sisters daughter is amazed by fish and so is my nephew.

Thanks for reading

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back