help bubbles inside silicone aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sunshower

Reaction score
hi everyone

I bought a nano tank 2 weeks ago, today I noticed a bubble inside the silicone i didnt notice that when i bought it im also didnt test with full of water , I'm currently doing a dry start method with this tank so its impossible to fill full water right now, I tried to contact the seller and he said it's safe and nothing to worry about , should i take the risk? this is my first big aquarium so im not an expert about aquarium but im too paranoid about this
the size of the tank 16x16x16 inch / 40x40x40 cm (16 gallon cube) glass thickness 5mm
IMG20220109181346.jpg

IMG_20220109_191041.jpg
thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The tank should have been made from 6mm thick glass but 5mm should be ok.

There aren't too many bubbles so it should be alright. However, there shouldn't be any bubbles.

I would fill the tank with water and see how it looks after an hour. If no more bubbles appear, and none of the current bubbles get bigger, then you can drain it and let it continue running. However, if any new bubbles appear or the current ones get bigger or change shape, then it's a concern.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The tank should have been made from 6mm thick glass but 5mm should be ok.

There aren't too many bubbles so it should be alright. However, there shouldn't be any bubbles.

I would fill the tank with water and see how it looks after an hour. If no more bubbles appear, and none of the current bubbles get bigger, then you can drain it and let it continue running. However, if any new bubbles appear or the current ones get bigger or change shape, then it's a concern.
thanks colin for answering my question , im too afraid to fill the tank right now because im still in middle of dry start progress im worried it will uprooted or mess my monte carlo if i fill the tank with full of water im probably start flood my tank after several weeks later

If you fill the tank slowly it shouldn't disturb the plants.

You are better off checking it now rather than later on.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back