Help Brown Spots

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

robertsskippyj

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So i've just set up my new tank a juwel rio 180l with a beech cabinet (also i'm new to all of this), I've decided to plant the tank with live plants and with the help of my local maidenhead aquatics picked some good back fore and back ground plants. The tank has been running for 3 days now and there are some little brown spots appearing on some of the leaves. Anyone know what this may be? anything to be worried about?

Thanks is advance.

Are you dosing the tank with anything? Without fish waste or fertilizer, the plants won't do well because of lack of nutrients.

Are you dosing the tank with anything? Without fish waste or fertilizer, the plants won't do well because of lack of nutrients.

ive got some water from a mates tank to get some Nitrate in there for the plants but thats about it.

where would I be going wrong?

Well I'm just going to assume that the plants would very quickly use up any nutrients in the water. Also, if the plants are root feeders then maybe they are not getting enough nutrients. It also depends on the plants you have. If you post a pic of the tank, plus tell us what sort of lighting you have, then I'm sure we can be of more help to you. There are specific things you have to do if you are doing a fish-less, plant's added cycle.

Well I'm just going to assume that the plants would very quickly use up any nutrients in the water. Also, if the plants are root feeders then maybe they are not getting enough nutrients. It also depends on the plants you have. If you post a pic of the tank, plus tell us what sort of lighting you have, then I'm sure we can be of more help to you. There are specific things you have to do if you are doing a fish-less, plant's added cycle.

Great thanks,

i'll take some pics when I get home and I've kept the labels of what the plants are so will include that to.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back