Help -- Betta Fish Not Interacting?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HalfTailedOwner

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, last Wednesday I bought a double tailed betta. Ever since then I've noticed he doesn't interact much and is growing slower. A few days ago he only stuck to one side of the tank rather and sleep in the corner. He doesn't notice when I eat or try to interact with him. At first, I thought he was bored, so I bought a mirror toy and more plants to create hiding spots for him but yet he doesn't do much. He will occasionally swim a little bit and hide but a majority of time he just rests in a corner. I also have been looking if he is sick as well. He doesn't appear to have white spots, or hurt himself in anyway. He just doesn't do anything. I'm really afraid that something could be wrong and I'm not sure what to do if he happens to be sick.

Adding to eating habits, I thought he would always eat when I wouldn't look--the food appears to be gone after I place two flakes in there, but then I noticed that when cleaning there would be decaying pieces of food. What should I do? Is this still because he is getting used to the tank, or is something actually wrong?

Here's some info if you need it:
-10 gal tank
-26C temp
-Has a heater, filter, air stone
-Is cycled
-Besides the betta, there are ghost shrimps.
Here are some imgur links:

https://imgur.com/a/QMS65Da

What are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings?

What are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings?
They're all at good conditions but he's still acting like this. I'm not sure if he's bored or sick because I can't find any physical symptoms...

There is a very clear pic already posted. I don’t believe she is concerned about Popeye. The rest of your information is interesting. Good read!

There is a very clear pic already posted. I don’t believe she is concerned about Popeye. The rest of your information is interesting. Good read!
Oh okay, that's a relief. The water has a pH of 7.4--but I believe he is becoming bored. I do have a toy for him at the moment and he is moving a little more, but I'm not too sure.

Change the set up of your tank. Betta fish get bored easily, if you add new plants, or add new decor. He will get “excited” and go check it out. Good luck! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back