Help baby fry I don’t know what to do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PastyPlayz

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon tank with one molly ( I had problems with ich and the first medication I tried seemed to have no affect and I changed my water often but it was not to any affect) any way the one molly that survived was apparently pregnant. It gave birth but only 2 fry were alive the rest seemed to be born dead because they were all clumped together in almost a ball, but I don’t know because I was at school when she gave birth. So does any one have tips on how to raise and feed fry, I have them in a breeding box so they won’t get eaten.

After a few days they don’t need to be in a breeder box because they are too big to be eaten, just feed them finely crushed flakes or brine shrimp or another tiny food

I have a 36 gallon tank with one molly ( I had problems with ich and the first medication I tried seemed to have no affect and I changed my water often but it was not to any affect) any way the one molly that survived was apparently pregnant. It gave birth but only 2 fry were alive the rest seemed to be born dead because they were all clumped together in almost a ball, but I don’t know because I was at school when she gave birth. So does any one have tips on how to raise and feed fry, I have them in a breeding box so they won’t get eaten.
Hey, there. Are you testing your water to make sure it's the right pH & hardness for your Mollies? Have you tested for ammonia & nitrites? This isn't as complicated as it sounds. If you have a local aquarium store (not Petco or one of those), they can advise you. Even the chain stores can test your water, though. If there's no local experts, the best thing to do is get a good book on the subject. When I was younger, I didn't understand the importance of water purity & quality. Good luck. Oh, and make sure you're not overfeeding your fish & that they have LOTS of places to hide (plastic plants are good - let some algae grow on them to provide cover for your babies). The secret to healthy fishes is healthy tank water & a stress-free environment. I'm not an expert but have been keeping fish for over half a century, so I've learned the hard way. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Back