Help!!! Ammonia stuck at same spot during cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
alright perfect thanks, i will do a water change today and put her in later tonight (a couple hours after water change) kinda nervous but we'll see how it goes and ill update it here, thanks :)
hey guys, lol sorry for the waited update, but literally everything is perfect :) I just tested the water and its like a solid bright yellow, no doubt this time! i think im tripping and like overthinking and making myself paranoid to see if there is like a slight problem with my betta fish i put. But honestly besides that it looks like shes doing good, looking forward to get a new betta and put it in my 5 gal (cycled) and some peppered cory catfish for my 10 g. Ill update if u guys are interested when i do get the cory catfish. Although i am kinda worried and in need of some advice, obvisouly i dont wanna ruin the cycle by overstocking it cuz itll just cause so many problems that i DO NOT want to deal with lol, so should i add maybe 3 at once and the other 2 or 3 afterwards, or should i add all of the 5/6 peppered cory catfish all at once. Ive researched and it says they dont produce much but just want to make sure!! ps. btw im putting 5/6 cuz idk if im gonna get either 5 or 6 of them, but i do want a schooling of them. Thanks!

Yay, I'm happy that your betta got an upgrade and that it is working out! Keep checking the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates daily for a week or so, so that you get a feel what your parameters are.

Regarding the peppered cories, according to the seriously fish profile, they seem to be a relatively larger cory species, growing to 2.5" https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/corydoras-paleatus/

I'd be concerned about overstocking your 10g by getting 5-6 of them, though it could be possible if you have a heavily planted tank. Smaller corydoras species include pygmy corydoras, but I'm not sure how their compatibility is with a Betta. This all also depends on your planned water change schedule as well as your hardness, etc.

What are you doing for the 5g to keep it cycled? I think it can go 1-2 weeks with no inhabitants, but after that I think you need to start thinking about keeping the bacteria fed. On the other hand, if you are getting the new betta soon then it won't be an issue.

Yay, I'm happy that your betta got an upgrade and that it is working out! Keep checking the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates daily for a week or so, so that you get a feel what your parameters are.

Regarding the peppered cories, according to the seriously fish profile, they seem to be a relatively larger cory species, growing to 2.5" https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/corydoras-paleatus/

I'd be concerned about overstocking your 10g by getting 5-6 of them, though it could be possible if you have a heavily planted tank. Smaller corydoras species include pygmy corydoras, but I'm not sure how their compatibility is with a Betta. This all also depends on your planned water change schedule as well as your hardness, etc.

What are you doing for the 5g to keep it cycled? I think it can go 1-2 weeks with no inhabitants, but after that I think you need to start thinking about keeping the bacteria fed. On the other hand, if you are getting the new betta soon then it won't be an issue.
Hello! Very sorry about no reply in so long, been busy with personal issues and work but im back lol, anyways ive kinda changed my mind. for the 10 g tank, instead of putting peppered corys which are a bit bigger, i want to put pygmy (dwarf) corys and some white cloud mountain minnows, but dont know how many of each? any advice on the stocking and how many? for the 5g i think im gonna put the betta back in there,and maybe add some ghost shrimp in there in the future, (had them before with the same female betta, it worked out perfectly) also as of rn im putting fish food in the 5g to keep ammonia there and ill do a water change vaccuming the rotten food before i get fish which shouldnt be too long now. so... basic overview on stocking: 10g: pygmy corys, and white cloud mountain minnows (need help to know how many or if you guys think its a good idea) 5g: betta and some ghost shrimp, Thanks in advance!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back