Help About Babies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

horsepaw101

Reaction score
My Fry are 1 week and a day now and i'm just wondering if i can add a little bit of water each day, also how old do they have to be when i can move them to a bigger tank, the tank will probably be 40 to 60 litres as it will be from silly solly's. also when i do that how do i move the fry?
biggrin.gif

Oops didn't realise you were talking about Betta fry, I'll leave that to the experts

You can add some water, but from the food, if you r feeding liquid food or something like that, you should be able to add a little water everyday.
As for moving them to a bigger tank, once you see them being aggressive, ( doesnt usually happen unless they are sperated)or they are getting well over an inch move them to a HEAVILY planted tank.
You can grab as much as you can in ONE net and put them all together so they don't get aggressive, orput as much as you can in one net until there are no more in the old tank.
Good luck and keep us updated with pics :good:

You should be changing small amounts of water every day, vac the uneaten food from the bottom then top up again but add a little more each day

Feed them flora ( put grass or straw in a glass jar with water and place it in a sunny windowsill,it should take 5 days for it to grow, once it's grown, skim the top and feed it to them, once their big enough, feed them crushed up flakes or pellets) I hope this works :)

Also, you need to separate them :)

You need to gradually add water, a bit each day, so that in another week or so the tank will be full.

Most reactions

Back