Hello

KHH

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I am new to the forum, finally diving into an online space so I can become more knowledgeable about this hobby I started many years ago. I started my 30 gallon aquarium in 2015, my original ā€œstockā€ served me well for years and even made a couple moves with me. In recent years as old fish died Iā€™ve had to introduce new members to the community and have had some trouble. Things had been going better this yearā€¦until this morning. So, I decided it is time to connect with people who know their stuff! Iā€™m looking forward to learning from you all.
I currently have:
a mature bristlenose pleco
9 harlequin rasboras
2 full grown corys (black and white donā€™t recall variety)
2 new albino corys
1 new ā€œgreenā€ (not black and white) cory
2 new dwarf gouramis (one is ill with probable swim bladder problem, I posted about this in a beginner questions forum)

Attachments

• D0C9067F-E837-474F-8EA0-C11DDCEA47F0.jpeg
    D0C9067F-E837-474F-8EA0-C11DDCEA47F0.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 19
Dwarf Gouramis rarely live long as many get DGD Dwarf Gourami Disease...no cure for it

Dwarf Gouramis rarely live long as many get DGD Dwarf Gourami Disease...no cure for it
Thanks for the info. Iā€™d known nothing about them and the lady at the store suggested them and I acted without research. Darn. The ill fish has died. The other seems ok so far butā€¦

there was nothing you could do to save the DG. But now you learned to stay away from buying them. I've had 3 over the years and they all died within a couple of months.

Hello to all,
I am new to the forum, finally diving into an online space so I can become more knowledgeable about this hobby I started many years ago. I started my 30 gallon aquarium in 2015, my original ā€œstockā€ served me well for years and even made a couple moves with me. In recent years as old fish died Iā€™ve had to introduce new members to the community and have had some trouble. Things had been going better this yearā€¦until this morning. So, I decided it is time to connect with people who know their stuff! Iā€™m looking forward to learning from you all.
I currently have:
a mature bristlenose pleco
9 harlequin rasboras
2 full grown corys (black and white donā€™t recall variety)
2 new albino corys
1 new ā€œgreenā€ (not black and white) cory
2 new dwarf gouramis (one is ill with probable swim bladder problem, I posted about this in a beginner questions forum)
Welcome to TFF. Glad to have you here. :hi:

Reactions: KHH
Welcome to the forum!

I was about to buy dwarf gouramiā€™s myself when I asked the forum about stocking ideas! They set me straight so quickly and I barely dodged a bullet there.

So I choose to get a couple female Pearl Gouramiā€™s instead and theyā€™ve been fantastic! Their coloring is lovely and, despite other people saying that they tend to be a shyer species, mine are always out and about and super friendly and like to feel up my other fish with their little (I honestly donā€™t know what theyā€™re called) feelers. And they smack my hands with them during water changes. I love them a lot!! The two stick together like glue.

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Sorry about your dwarf gourami.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back