Hello

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
🤣
Yah... But they also like to hide in caves.
If you have males and females they will most likely spawn. But the other fish will probably eat all fry lol. If you don't want fry at all, try to just get females. They still have beautiful coloration
View attachment 162445
They are gorgeous! I've had rams in a regular 40 (until I moved & gave the whole tank to someone who'd care for it) & if I can't have them, these will make a great alternative!

They are gorgeous! I've had rams in a regular 40 (until I moved & gave the whole tank to someone who'd care for it) & if I can't have them, these will make a great alternative!
Yah, I don't know how rams would do in a tank with your dimensions but maybe someone else has better input.

I've seen cichlid behavior and gudgeons ALMOST remind me of them. They can get feisty with each other. My male gets irritated when the female doesn't go into the cave 🤣

For that shape tank I’d be tempted to have a species only tank of pea puffers , I’d get about 10 ... giving myself ideas now lol

For that shape tank I’d be tempted to have a species only tank of pea puffers , I’d get about 10 ... giving myself ideas now lol
Ehhh... Idk, species only would be kinda lame in a tall tank imo. You could have multiple schooling fish at different levels! Pretty epic!
The pea puffers might also mutilate each other, so there's that 😅... But if kept in correct group sizes and a good male to female ratio they SHOULD be ok... I just don't know if I would do a species only tank with pea puffers in that size

Maybe peacock gudgeons for the bottom half and halfbeaks for the surface. Or some of the smaller Pseudomugil rainbowfish (Pseudomugil getrudae).
That would be a stunning mix!

Ehhh... Idk, species only would be kinda lame in a tall tank imo. You could have multiple schooling fish at different levels! Pretty epic!
The pea puffers might also mutilate each other, so there's that 😅... But if kept in correct group sizes and a good male to female ratio they SHOULD be ok... I just don't know if I would do a species only tank with pea puffers in that size
I personally think species only tanks are desirable especially with a shoaling fish like pea puffers . One on my favourite tanks iv saw was just a tank with around 100 rummy nose tetra , very natural looking .but I guess it’s personal preference

I personally think species only tanks are desirable especially with a shoaling fish like pea puffers . One on my favourite tanks iv saw was just a tank with around 100 rummy nose tetra , very natural looking .but I guess it’s personal preference
Well that would be really cool! But idk if I would do pea puffers in a tank with these dimensions. You could only have them then and there wouldn't be as many fish. Kinda wasted space in a way.

Ya know, I've not considered going brackish, but the thought is intriguing. I do already have a platies (I don't much like) & a pleco (but he cool). Someone in another thread said something about secretly dumping them in a PetCo tank......😈

Ya know, I've not considered going brackish, but the thought is intriguing. I do already have a platies (I don't much like) & a pleco (but he cool). Someone in another thread said something about secretly dumping them in a PetCo tank......😈
Pea puffers are actually fresh and brackish! I would always ask before buying what they keep theirs in, fresh or brackish because you don't want to switch them up quickly. It could shock them.

Well that would be really cool! But idk if I would do pea puffers in a tank with these dimensions. You could only have them then and there wouldn't be as many fish. Kinda wasted space in a way.
Yeah, & I need algae eaters & snails to help with cleaning

Yeah, & I need algae eaters & snails to help with cleaning
Well... You may be able to have larger shrimps and snails but pea puffers are known to hunt them... I don't know how large they would need to be

Pea puffers are actually fresh and brackish! I would always ask before buying what they keep theirs in, fresh or brackish because you don't want to switch them up quickly. It could shock them.
They seem like too much of a headache

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back