Hello!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tanglebones

Reaction score
I've been keeping fish on and off for around 30 years now. In the past, I've had mbuna, Central American cichlids and various mid sized catfish, along with the usual community tanks. At the moment, I'm running a two foot tank which is home to a few C. habrosus, C. panda and a small group of Cherry barbs. I've also got a nano tank (30 litre) which will eventually house a Betta, but is currently home to a few more Cherry barbs. Basically, I put a few Cherry barbs in it after it had cycled to keep it running until I got the Betta. Of course, the barbs helped me out by breeding, so I have to catch them and transfer them to the two foot tank before the Betta makes his triumphal entry.
In the long term, and my major reason for joining the forum, is that, as I approach retirement, my wife has decreed that she would love a largish tank in the living room. Of course, I pointed her in the direction of a 450 litre aquarium, struck while the iron is hot if you like, so that is coming in the next couple of months. Looking at doing a well planted tank, with tetras, small rasboras and lots of corydoras. Maybe a shoal of dwarf rainbows and a couple of Pearl Gouramis. The two existing tanks will have their denizens decanted into the 450 ltr, and the two foot will then be used for sparkling gouramis.
So that's where I am atm. Other interests are railways, guitars, mandolins, building plastic models (airfix type), and my dog, a 9 year old mental Springer Spaniel who goes by the name of Jay.
Looking forward to speaking with you all on this journey! :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Aren't you a lucky one having a partner that wants a big fish tank in the loungeroom. I was told either the fish go or I go. My response was Bye bye :)

Other interests are railways, guitars, mandolins, building plastic models (airfix type), and my dog, a 9 year old mental Springer Spaniel who goes by the name of Jay.
LOL, I think most dogs are a little bit mental at times but it normally slows down and goes away by the time they are 9 :)

Are you into model railways or standing at the station counting the wheels on the locos as they roll by?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back