Hello!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sick3347

Reaction score
Hi!! I'm fairly new to keeping fish and I have a ten gallon tank at home with lots of plants, some driftwood and a lava rock. As of right now I am keeping a male platy and 5 clouded minnows in the tank. I know clouded minnows prefer colder waters now and so i try to keep the tank at 74 to be an okay medium for the fish, plus I cant get it much colder here in Southern California being without air conditioning. I am experiencing a little trouble with the platy as of right now but other than that the tank seems to be in fine condition and the other guys are happy :) I think my tank has an under a lake kind of look and i really like it! I have lots of pathos and some repens and various anubius as well as moss balls and some duckweed. The tank has a topfin 10 gallon silentstreem filter as of now but I plan to change it to a bubbler filter in the near future (recommendations would be great!!) because I don't currently have oxygen going in the tank. I do have a bit of an algae problem right now but I sort of like the look of it with the lake vibe. Any recommendations to better keep my tank are greatly appreciated bc I am new! (all parameters are fine right now except the ph is a little high (7.8) because I have harder water).

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 38
Welcome to TFF. Lots of helpful knowledgeable members here to answer your fishie questions. Please vote in our Pet of the Month contest.. Click on banner near top of forums, review the entries, and then cast your vote.

Hi!! I'm fairly new to keeping fish and I have a ten gallon tank at home with lots of plants, some driftwood and a lava rock. As of right now I am keeping a male platy and 5 clouded minnows in the tank. I know clouded minnows prefer colder waters now and so i try to keep the tank at 74 to be an okay medium for the fish, plus I cant get it much colder here in Southern California being without air conditioning. I am experiencing a little trouble with the platy as of right now but other than that the tank seems to be in fine condition and the other guys are happy :) I think my tank has an under a lake kind of look and i really like it! I have lots of pathos and some repens and various anubius as well as moss balls and some duckweed. The tank has a topfin 10 gallon silentstreem filter as of now but I plan to change it to a bubbler filter in the near future (recommendations would be great!!) because I don't currently have oxygen going in the tank. I do have a bit of an algae problem right now but I sort of like the look of it with the lake vibe. Any recommendations to better keep my tank are greatly appreciated bc I am new! (all parameters are fine right now except the ph is a little high (7.8) because I have harder water).
As it all is right now, it doesn't look too bad.
Your tank will be getting plenty of oxygen from the surface, especially given what appears to be sensible stocking. Any bubblers will help by creating more surface area.
Because your tank isn't heavily planted and is getting light from five sides, algae will be an issue. This can be managed by taking great care not to add extra plant nutrients into the tank by over-feeding and by putting a few more plants in there.
Off to read your Platy post...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back