Hello

Kittykvt83

Reaction score
Hello I've just joined the forum obviously :)

I'm fairly new to fish keeping and currently have a small tropical tank with Cory's,mollys,guppies swordtails and a couple of random ones that I forgot what they are called. I also have a larger tank which i got secondhand 2 weeks ago that came with some Mawli Cichlids and a synodontis catfish. I would like to identify which ones I have and also wonder if anyone could give me advice as to why in the last 3 days one of my Cichlids is hiding in the corner of the tank vertically. Thanks in advance and look forward to learning more

:fish:Welcome to the Fish Family :fish:

I'm glad you've come here for your advice, I'm positive someone will be able to help identify your fish and solve your problems.

Do you have pictures of the fish you wish to identify? it'll definitely help!

As for your Cichlid I'm afraid I have no idea, I too am new, but I'm sure someone will help you out!

Again! Welcome to the forum!

:hi:

As for identifying what fish you have, photos will definitely help so as soon as you’re able and worked out how to post pics, folks will be more than happy to help you out.

As for why your fish is behaving oddly, will ask if you cycled your tanks before adding fish?

And if you could find out what your water parameters are, this would be most useful. You can find this on your local water providers website, look for water hardness for example and should be some numbers provided, easiest way is to take a screenshot and show that on this thread so we can work out what your water type is.

However, if you have a water test kit, simply give the results here. Don’t worry if you do not have a test ket yet, though highly recommended to get a half decent test kit as is pretty essential for most keepers ^_^

Don’t worry if this is a wall of information or questions, just take it one step at a time.

This is what the forum is for, helping each other!:good:

Hello and welcome to the forum, post some pictures of your tanks when you get a chance. Were you able to maintain the cycle on your new tank?

Hi, I literally went to pick the tank up from someone who wasn't interested in the fish whatsoever so I came home with them. Which unfortunately meant I had to set it all up rather quickly. I have done three 30% water changes over the last 2 weeks with tapsafe and also added easy balance 24 hours after each change. On Wednesday I used the tetra 6 in 1 strips and the nitrates were very very high they have come down a lot since testing yesterday and today I also had to buy a new filter yesterday as the other one packed up.
20200814_223504.jpg

Attachments

• 20200814_223504.jpg
    20200814_223504.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 128
From where is this CO2 coming from. Just looking at your results its seems to me to be flucuating, as well as your hardness :huh:
Nitrites seem to be still bit high, I think the required level is 0 or something.
Still new to this as well :unsure:

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Your nitrites seem to be too high, but I might be wrong.
Maybe do another water change?
Yes there are very high but are coming down a considerable amount from Wednesdays reading after doing a 30% change wednesday afternoon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back