Hello

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

From where is this CO2 coming from. Just looking at your results its seems to me to be flucuating, as well as your hardness :huh:
Nitrites seem to be still bit high, I think the required level is 0 or something.
Still new to this as well :unsure:
I have
Before I joined here and when I still were following this forum, I believe users here change 50% or more weekly.
Thanks for the info :) There is so much conflicting information on how much to change,so I went with what tetra aquatics said on the app after i performed the test.

I have 2 airstones running in the tank and like I said a brand new external filter as the other one packed up. Wondering if the old filter played a big part in what my readings showed??

I have 2 airstones running in the tank and like I said a brand new external filter as the other one packed up. Wondering if the old filter played a big part in what my readings showed??

The air stones won’t do a great deal but will help somewhat in creating agitation to the water column, this partly helps the cycling process.

Did you add the filter media from the old filter to the new one as if this old filter was an established filter, would help greatly if the old media was put into the new filter as well to help with the bacterias that are needed to combat the ammonia and nitrite levels.

As for water changes, I always recommend at least 50% for routine water changes, in fact more if you are showing ammonia and/or nitrite as these are the two most toxic forms for your livestock, the more water you change the more ammonia/nitrite is being dealt with, 70 - 80 % is realistic.

Most reactions

trending

Back