Hello!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Moggins

Reaction score
I've been doing my research for a 75 liter tank for a betta and some shrimp. I have experience in keeping pond fish however completely new to a planted tank. My main concern is making sure everyone in the tank has enough space and hiding places . I ideally would like to have a betta, shrimp, a few snails, small catfish and (if there is room) a school of tetras or guppies. I understand that keeping betta and shrimp together is risky and depends on the temperament of the betta. I hope to tackle this by buying the largest amano shrimp and providing enough cover and plants for them to be safe.

Just an FYI the tank is 50 x 30 x 40 cm

Hello, like you I'm not sure if the betta shrimp thing will work. Normally I'd advise against it but maybe amanos can survive. I have a lone betta atm in a 60 litre tank that I plan to add a load of ember tetras too. I've no experience with bettas so I don't know how it will work.

Hello and welcome to the forum, I would advise against having the Betta with any other fish, they can not get along with their own kind and only tolerate females for a short time while breeding. Some members have not had issues with shrimp and other have had their shrimp become tasty treats for the Betta.

Welcome to the forum:)

Welcome!
I wouldn't reccomend any other fish with bettas. On the other hand, I have seen it done...usually it is in a very large tank with a group of schooling type fish that swim close together and "got each others' back."

@Munroco
Would love to see this work out for you with the Embers!

My bettas won't tolerate any snail bigger than about a nickel sized wide, or sphere.
Both my Bettas went after my large Mystery snail. Nerites are perfect tank mates for a betta.

Poor shrimp, though.
Maybe the tiniest ones can hide, but I caution you against shrimp. Expensive Betta Bites
Any of the bettas I have had would go after Amano shrimp in a minute. Those curious feelers moving about...
To me, Amanos are almost like fish. I have two and the older one of them is getting larger than I expected! I always say I never knew I could love a shrimp, but rhe older one is my boyfriend and the other is his geeky little brother, who may also be my boyfriend once he gets over his awkward stage and fills out a bit!

Hahaha I crack my self up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back