Hello to all, I've just joined

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some people say to keep axies on bare bottoms to make cleanup easier. Mine are on sand. Can’t get to glass floors. Worse than in a fish tank because these little guys walk around
Some species are different... Like axolotls... If I saw a tank with bare substrate and an axie id be like nice tank... But if I saw corydoras with no substrate id be a little sad for them

Some species are different... Like axolotls... If I saw a tank with bare substrate and an axie id be like nice tank... But if I saw corydoras with no substrate id be a little sad for them
Never saw that in a fish tank either, bare bottom. Wouldn‘t work for me in any of the tanks. Really getting into live plants & have them in the substrate.

Never saw that in a fish tank either, bare bottom. Wouldn‘t work for me in any of the tanks. Really getting into live plants & have them in the substrate.
I LOVE the natural look... My brother was going through the pet store with me like: JOSH GET THE SHIPWRECK!! JOSH GET THE CORAL THING!! Im just like... No, no, no NO!! lol

I LOVE the natural look... My brother was going through the pet store with me like: JOSH GET THE SHIPWRECK!! JOSH GET THE CORAL THING!! Im just like... No, no, no NO!! lol
He also wanted a plane wreck AND a star wars thing... Which dont get me wrong they look cool but id pick natural over that stuff in a heart beat...

Hey! I inherited a ship wreck! Came with my secondhand cichlid/catfish tank. The fish have enjoyed the luxurious secret accommodations for five years, so it stays.
I like the look but nothing is better than a nice peaceful/natural aqua scape... One thing I cant get my mind to accept is realism... Like I wouldnt put fake corals in a freshwater tank... Or a plane/shipwreck because the size is weird with the fish (you could call me OCD lol)

No sharp edges, I assure you. Tom the catfish and his mates beg to differ with you. It’s been their happy home for years and they are not swayed by fashion trends. 😛😛😛😛

No sharp edges, I assure you. Tom the catfish and his mates beg to differ with you. It’s been their happy home for years and they are not swayed by fashion trends. 😛😛😛😛
Again, I think it looks good... Its just natural decor is what id choose... And I'll admit, I used to LOVE the fake decor but I started to realize that you have to inspect the fake decor and also... As I started to see the naturally decorated aquariums, I realized I was missing out. But again I dont mind a fake peace of decor here and there... Just not covering the tank

I have one ornament...a very real looking asian fisherman. What's more natural than an asian fisherman fishing in a fish tank. :lol:
I have removed the handmade japanese bridge due to discoloration.

Last edited:
I did abandon the 30 G High axie tank with black lights in the hood and acres of fake decor that glowed. They’re in a 40 G low now, real and realistic looking rock hides. Sand. Plants struggling to grow in cold water and low lighting. This is the original tank.
E62D31D7-671A-48F2-AB56-CD8A4A67C627.jpeg

I have one ornament...a very real looking fisherman. What's more natural than an asian fisherman fishing in a fish tank. :lol: I have removed the handmade japanese bridge due to discoloration.
I almost like it... Now I especially dont like land decor in an aquarium sorry lol

I did abandon the 30 G High axie tank with black lights in the hood and acres of fake decor that glowed. They’re in a 40 G low now, real and realistic looking rock hides. Sand. Plants struggling to grow in cold water and low lighting. This is the original tank.View attachment 146067
Yah that's one I personally just wouldnt have...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back