Hello TFF! and I have a question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

maryl830

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for letting me join the Tropical Fish Forum. I actually have a brackish tank for my betta with very little aquarium salt added due to an illness of my previous betta (may he rest in peace). I've attached a picture of my java moss that the pet store person sold me last week. He assured me it was alive even though it looks like it's not. I'm posting the picture because I'm doubting his knowledge of live vs dead java moss. Anyone out there with an opinion of whether it's alive or not? Also, you can see my fish who looks like he's posing for the shot. :) I usually have a bright light shining on the moss, but moved that for the picture. Thank you to anyone who has time to answer. I think my pictures are attached.....

Mary

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 137
  • bjmx.jpg
    bjmx.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 126
Welcome!
That moss looks dead to me. If you find any green spots in it, though, you can trim them off and try to grow them.
Too much exposure to the salt can harm your current betta, though. If he's not showing signs of your last betta's illness, I'd push toward getting the water back to freshwater. (he's very handsome, by the way! c: )

Welcome!
That moss looks dead to me. If you find any green spots in it, though, you can trim them off and try to grow them.
Too much exposure to the salt can harm your current betta, though. If he's not showing signs of your last betta's illness, I'd push toward getting the water back to freshwater. (he's very handsome, by the way! c: )
Thank you so much. I appreciate your input!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back