Hello, i have returned

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If it is soft algae you can use anything from a dedicated toothbrush to an algae pad. I imagine a kitchen mushroom brush would work a like a toothbrush.

As for dipping. Mix a bleach solution that is 19 parts water and 1 of bleach. {What follows is specifically for anubias and other thick lesved plants. More delicately leaved plants may need less time or may not be dippable at all.} Dip the plant for 90 seconds to 2 minutes max. Have a bucket well dosed with dechlor waiting. But first rins the plant under your tap and then drop it into the dechlored water bucket. 30 seconds is enough. return the plant to the tank. If you bleach a lot of plants, you may want to replace the dechlored water at some point. You can only add so much before the water will be nasty.

The algae will not look dead, but it is, over the next day or two it will vanish.

If it is soft algae you can use anything from a dedicated toothbrush to an algae pad. I imagine a kitchen mushroom brush would work a like a toothbrush.

As for dipping. Mix a bleach solution that is 19 parts water and 1 of bleach. {What follows is specifically for anubias and other thick lesved plants. More delicately leaved plants may need less time or may not be dippable at all.} Dip the plant for 90 seconds to 2 minutes max. Have a bucket well dosed with dechlor waiting. But first rins the plant under your tap and then drop it into the dechlored water bucket. 30 seconds is enough. return the plant to the tank. If you bleach a lot of plants, you may want to replace the dechlored water at some point. You can only add so much before the water will be nasty.

The algae will not look dead, but it is, over the next day or two it will vanish.
I did this protocol on Saturday but with a 10% bleach solution and it worked great. Tank looks new again.

Thankyou, I will try these

I agree on the proof. Only one person needs to like a tank, its owner. But, I have gardened for years before I moved that into glass boxes. I like plants but I keep fish. IThe plants are there for their benefit. One of the biggest reasons for keeping live plants is they are one of the best filters there is. especially in a well planted substrate a few inches deep.

But not all tanks can be planted and not all fish keepers want to jeep live plants. Myself, I want my plants to thrive the same as my fish. There is nothing wrong with having some kinds of algae in tanks, What matters is what kind, where it is and how much. Algae uses resources plants and even some of the bacteria need. When I think the algae is creating issues for other things because of this, I try to do something about it.

As always, the above is my opinion for whatever it is worth. And that is why I never vote in any contests on fish sites or at fish events.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back