Hello from Yorkshire

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tyke262

Reaction score
Hi all i`m Andy.

I`ve been keeping fish since i was a kid, i started with a small plastic tank and a couple of goldfish and have gradually built up to a 250 gallon tropical tank which has been running for about 25 years, it started as a heavily planted aquascaped set up and gradually changed into a large fish community tank with fewer plants, i`ve started to add more south & central american cichlids so i`m expecting a few problems as they mature but that`s all part of the fun.

Have a great xmas

Andy

Welcome. Your tank sounds cool, can you post a photo?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

There should be a photo attached to this, it`s not a great photo but with all the xmas decorations up it`s a bit awkward.

Attachments

• IMG_3495 (2).jpg
    IMG_3495 (2).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 87
I could do with a second opinion or two on water parameters, i`ve noticed that the KH is low in both tap and tank water, is it worth trying to raise it in the tank?
The Tank water parameters have been stable for a long time so my gut reaction is to leave well alone but as i ahve only started keeping Central & South American Cichlids in the the last couple of years a second opinion wouldn`t hurt.

Water Values are as follows;
Tap Tank
PH - 7 PH - 6.5
KH - 1 KH - 1.5
Ammonia - 0 Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0 Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0 Nitrate - 0

Temperature aprox 27 C

Cheers

That is a nice tank! I see a future tank of the month winner...!:shifty:

Welcome to the forum! :fish:

The Tank water parameters have been stable for a long time so my gut reaction is to leave well alone but as i ahve only started keeping Central & South American Cichlids in the the last couple of years a second opinion wouldn`t hurt.
Follow your gut ;)
I am assuming your GH is also low. For most SA fish those parameters are perfect. I have 0KH, 0GH and pH < 6 in my SA tank. Sadly it doesn't came of of the tap that way. I would love to be able to just use my tap water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back