Hello from sunny Southport

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) My name is Anne (AKA Little Annie)
I have 2 aquatic pets, little Ethel my beloved female betta, and Mavis my axolotl. I thought Mavis was a female axolotl for months, and then something, erm, 'dropped' (two things actually!) and that was when I learned that Mavis was in fact a male :D
Mavis resides in a 130L tank, and Ethel resides in a 28L tank.
I am going to buy Ethel a new tank, 60L. However, when I get it, I want to set it up as a planted tank before moving her in, so will be so glad of help with that. I need to keep it as simple as poss, with hardy plants, as I can even make plastic plants wilt!
I look forward to learning, and reading your posts, and hopefully you will enjoy my posts and pictures too :)

Was that not the haunted house, in 2010? I thought the funhouse was dismantled and taken to Blackpool, but I may well be wrong on that one!
Ahh sorry, I was thinking of Blackpool. The one in Blackpool burned down in 1991. Had no idea it had been moved from Southport!

Are either of you old enough to remember the Funhouse at Pleasureland?
That's the funny thing, I don't actually remember a funfair at Southport, though it's possible I'm mixing up memories of funfairs at Blackpool. As a child, we went to Southport as a day trip on the bus, but we went to Blackpool for a week's holiday in the 1950s and early 60s. As we grew older we spent most of our Southport visits shopping in Lord Street.
I haven't been to Southport since we came here 30 years ago. It's probably changed so much I wouldn't recognise it.

Welcome to the forum, and you can add me to the North West gang.

I haven't been to Southport for a couple of years but my grandparents used to drag me along to an annual show that I think was for wine and flowers, but I can't be sure now.

I also seem to remember a very wavy road coming along the front heading towards the beach parking area, I do wonder if they have levelled that road yet.

Southport flower show. I never went to that. But I do remember the golf competitions because we could never get on a bus going to Southport due to the number of people going to the competition.

Greetings from the beautiful Birmingham :hi:lol I forget we have beeches sometimes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back