Hello From Southern Indiana.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

NinnJinn

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Mike, I am from Southern Indiana.

For the last three years I have ran a 125 gallon saltwater system investing way more money than I care to remember or admit. LOL

Although saltwater was my dream hobby it basically turned into more work and aggravation than I care to admit. Plus with saltwater fish prices more than tripling over the last two years and the quality of saltwater fish coming in becoming more and more subpar finally the lady of the house put her foot down and said no more.

What was supposed to be a relaxing and stress relieving hobby just caused more stress.

I finally agreed with "The Boss" and stopped the saltwater Madness...

With all of the equipment that I had I was wondering what I was going to do with it all and we both decided to try freshwater.

I am currently cleaning the Tank & Equipment in preparation for the freshwater Plunge.

Wish me luck!! LOL

Welcome Mike!:hi:

Yes, saltwater tank requires more maintenance and work than freshwater tank.
In freshwater tank, you only need to change water once a week as long as you don't keep high maintenance fish like Discus nor overcrowding your tank.
You can even go on vacation 1-2 weeks without having to worry about your tank maintenance.

All the best!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Mike! Happy to see people here from all around. Hope you have lots of fun on this forum, and it would be great to enter the monthly competitions that are held! Have a fantastic night, mate! Regards from Australia! :thumbs:

Hello,

My name is Mike, I am from Southern Indiana.

For the last three years I have ran a 125 gallon saltwater system investing way more money than I care to remember or admit. LOL

Although saltwater was my dream hobby it basically turned into more work and aggravation than I care to admit. Plus with saltwater fish prices more than tripling over the last two years and the quality of saltwater fish coming in becoming more and more subpar finally the lady of the house put her foot down and said no more.

What was supposed to be a relaxing and stress relieving hobby just caused more stress.

I finally agreed with "The Boss" and stopped the saltwater Madness...

With all of the equipment that I had I was wondering what I was going to do with it all and we both decided to try freshwater.

I am currently cleaning the Tank & Equipment in preparation for the freshwater Plunge.

Wish me luck!! LOL

Welcome to the forum'

That story cracks me up, I had a similar experience recently with ye olde boot hitting the ground when I bought a new set up and invested way more than I thought I would -.-' cool you guys share the hobby though. If you ever want biotope ideas let us know =P

Would love to see some pics of your saltwater tank before ya took it down if ya have some, 125 gal.. man I wish! I would be ssooooo happy =\

Welcome. This is a great little corner of the internet youā€™ve found. Very helpful and friendly.
Logoatee eh? I hope i donā€™t sound like a weirdo but that interested me. I occasionally google some of the less well known places posters are from. Logootee a real nice small town America type place. 3000 highest pop back in 1980! Go Tigers!
I canā€™t imagine there being a LFS there?
Anyway Iā€™ll stop my rambling as breakfast is being served.

Most reactions

trending

Back