Hello From Birmingham, Uk

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sumatra

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Helen & I'm pretty useless at writing these introductory threads, aha!

I'm a 27-year old female & I reside near to the city of Birmingham, UK. I'm currently in the process of setting up a 55 litre, tropical tank with the intention of housing a single male Betta. I'll be posting more information about that up in the 'Betta Journal' section shortly.

As I currently don't have a picture of my tank uploaded to my computer, I've used a picture of my lovely Hamster, Biscuit, as my avatar, aha! Hope that's okay for the time being...

Oh! If you're wondering why my username is Sumatra ... it's because that's what I plan to call my Betta. Yes, I know it sounds feminine but I don't think he'll mind, aha!

I look forward to meeting some new people and learning lots about fish keeping. This forum has already helped me LOTS (I've been lurking) and I can't wait to develop my knowledge further. 

Thanks,

P.S. You have no idea how much it bothers me that I've not capitalised the 'k' in 'UK' in the title of this thread.
sad.png

Sumatra said:
P.S. You have no idea how much it bothers me that I've not capitalised the 'k' in 'UK' in the title of this thread.
sad.png

You may well have done, the forum software thinks it's cunning and autocorrects titles if it thinks you may have put two capitals at the beginning of a word, it's generally helpful but occasionally annoying.

Welcome to the forum.

Ahhh! That does make me feel slightly better about the situation, aha!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

welcomeani.gif
to TFF! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

I'm glad to hear you've chosen a decent sized tank for your betta. He/she will love it! Do you think you'll do live plants? I look forward to reading your journal.
Be sure to cycle the tank following THIS article, and THIS betta care article might be good for you if you havn't already read it. These can also be found at the top of the page ^_^

Welcome to TFF, Helen!
It's a fabulous forum with lots of very helpful members, moderators and admin. 
Looking forward to your betta tank journal!

Hi Helen, welcome to TFF, LOVE the hamster :)

Thanks for all of your warm welcomes, guys! They're much appreciated.

star4 said:
Hi Helen, welcome to TFF, LOVE the hamster
smile.png

She's THE most adorable thing in the world (imo), aha! She does like to think herself a little adventurer though... always up to mischief.  

Mamashack said:
Welcome to TFF, Helen!
It's a fabulous forum with lots of very helpful members, moderators and admin. 
Looking forward to your betta tank journal!

My Betta tank journal is live now. Not much in there at the moment but I will be taking more images and keeping it updated as much as I can.

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum!

I thought you presented yourself very well indeed with your introduction. Very far from useless!

Best of luck with your new tank and betta!

welcomeani.gif
to TFF

Nice introduction :)

Look forward to seeing more of your tank and the Betta, hope you enjoy the forum.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back