Hello fish fans.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Your ammonia would probably spike from the dead fish so their test doesn't prove anything really. It's a short sighted approach - they lost your business. I'd fish die over night and LFS put it all on me too. Whereas I followed their advice with set up and stocking and ammonia spike was because my tank wasn't cycled.

Those little rainbows are stunning. I'd love a species tank full of them.
I'm a big fan of rainbowfish and I was going to stock my tank with them. However my tank came with a single Columbian tetra and I felt sorry for him as he'd been alone for a couple of years so I bought him some friends. I do like them so it's a win win I suppose. I'm thinking of adding some Serpae tetra but finding good quality fish with strong colour seems difficult.
I've always steered clear of Serpae as I've read theyre the tetra equivalent of the tiger barb. I've had Colombians and really liked them

I've always steered clear of Serpae as I've read theyre the tetra equivalent of the tiger barb. I've had Colombians and really liked them
I was hoping the semi aggressive nature of the Columbians would keep the Serpae in check. I'm after something with colour that wouldn't be too bothered by the Columbians as they are quite "frisky" :lol: especially first thing in the morning. They bicker and chase for a few minutes until they decide who's boss for the day. I considered Congo tetras but I worry their fins may be a little long?

I was hoping the semi aggressive nature of the Columbians would keep the Serpae in check. I'm after something with colour that wouldn't be too bothered by the Columbians as they are quite "frisky" :lol: especially first thing in the morning. They bicker and chase for a few minutes until they decide who's boss for the day. I considered Congo tetras but I worry their fins may be a little long?
Yeh I found the Colombians to be active but only ever amongst themselves. They stayed in a permanent group in the centre of the tank.
I'm in a similar quandary with my Odessa barbs, had to split them up from some cories after they were nipping them. So now I'm thinking whatever goes in with the barbs need to be able to stick up for themselves. At the same time I'm wondering if it works like that? Am i just going to be fuelling a blood bath?

Apistogrammas are unique and very interesting fish. They are one of the best fish for medium size tank.

I kept a few species in the past Agassiziii, Cacatuoides, Borelli, Panduro, Macmasteri and Trifasciata.

Wou
Apistogrammas are unique and very interesting fish. They are one of the best fish for medium size tank.

I kept a few species in the past Agassiziii, Cacatuoides, Borelli, Panduro and Macmasteri and Trifasciata.
Do you know how the agassizii are with corydoras?

Yeh I found the Colombians to be active but only ever amongst themselves. They stayed in a permanent group in the centre of the tank.
I'm in a similar quandary with my Odessa barbs, had to split them up from some cories after they were nipping them. So now I'm thinking whatever goes in with the barbs need to be able to stick up for themselves. At the same time I'm wondering if it works like that? Am i just going to be fuelling a blood bath?
And we say keeping fish is relaxing LOL!!!!
It is difficult. I'd love some Emperor tetra but I don't know if they'd put up with the Columbians hence why I thought about the Serpae. But like you I'd hate a tank full of fighting and arguing amongst the tank mates.

I kept a few species in the past Agassiziii, Cacatuoides, Borelli, Panduro, Macmasteri and Trifasciata.
Very pretty fish the Apisto's. Mine seem quite placid and happy just picking at the substrate and bogwood.

Wou

Do you know how the agassizii are with corydoras?
I haven't been keeping Corydoras for a long time.

But I guess they are ok as long as the Agassizii aren't spawning.
If they decide to spawn, then you will have to remove them to prevent them from attacking the Corydoras.

I wouldn't keep cories with clown loaches. You do know how big the loaches get? (They are also shoaling species so you actually need a few more of them).
Sorry that was me butting in with asking if anyone has kept the apisto with cories. Don't think the OP has cories

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back