Hello :) First-Time Forum User, Experienced Forum Browser

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BottomFeederShannon

Reaction score
Hello!
My name is Shannon, I'm a US college student and I've been keeping freshwater fish since I was little. I've always sought out advice on this forum, but didn't think to make an account until now!
I have two boy cats named Dart and Sprinkles, and two fish tanks. One is a 10 gallon planted tank, unoccupied because I recently lost my betta from old age. I plan on keeping it as my first ever quarantine tank. My other tank is a 33 gallon flatback hex that is currently set up as a community tank. Currently it has a betta, platies, corydoras, mystery snails, and bumblebee gobies (that have been raised freshwater from my LFS). I'm really hoping to start another tank over the summer and possibly redistribute some of those fish, I would particularly like to do a species-dominant or species only bumblebee goby set up.
I'm a ceramics artist and I'm really interested in making my own aquarium caves. Since most of my favorite fish are bottom feeders, I want to make aquarium caves that allow them to hide but have basins on the top to hold gravel so you don't lose any surface area and can put plants on top of them.
I'm interested in learning about new species outside of my LFS, mimicking natural environments with custom hardscape, and paludarium setups.
I am studying to be an art teacher and am interested in the idea of properly-cared for class pets. I'd love to one day determine an aquatic tank set up of hardy, diverse fish (or other animals, like land snails) that would catch my students' interests and make for good life-drawing models.
That's all about me! I'm sure I will be reaching out with my fish questions in the future. :)

Hi Shannon and welcome to the forum :)

The following link is a thread for the forum's artists. It might interest you.

Hello and welcome! It's good to meet another college student, fish enthusiast. Like you, I myself am a US college student keeping fish tanks. :)

Also, mind posting pics of your tanks?

Shhhh. Gender identification is something of a problem in the US. I believe.
I was asking because most male bettas and some female bettas can and will attack anything in their tank. Just want to make sure that there won’t be any problems in the future :)

Hi Shannon and welcome to the forum :)

The following link is a thread for the forum's artists. It might interest you.
Thanks so much, I'll check it out!

You've been keeping fish since you were a kid ? Boy did you ever walk in the wrong door here. Listen to these folks and you'll have a dozen tanks by this time next week. Welcome !
Haha part of the reason I signed up was to enable me to buy more tanks! Thanks for the welcome. I probably can't expand much in my current living situation but I'd love to have at least one more!

Ah. Transgender then?
MTG wouldn't be keen on "it" taking part in the fisholympics

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back