Hello Ads!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I should have known it was just a matter of time.

The ads are now in all the skins so I'm stuck with them.

After reading that I downloaded chrome. I'm now using it and I have ads in all skins.......

Edit - OK so there are no ads in IP board mobile.

I am very old school. I consider privacy essential. I do not go to facebook, I do not tweet, I do not want to be tracked. I run a lot of stuff to minimize all that. The result is I do not see ads and I block most tracking stuff. One nice side effect is when a page loads I see what tracking software it is trying to use on me and which is blocked or isn't. And when I find stuff that isn't, I can add it to the master blocking list.

I have not seen any ads here but I am blocking Google AdSense, Google Analytics and VigLink here.

I run Firefox and use the following adons for all this sort of stuff: Adblock Plus, Better Privacy (prevent/deletes super cookies not residing in one's cookie folder. For more info on these search "Super Cookies" or read here http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/blog/new-breed-super-cookie-defies-removal-almost), Ghostery (prevents tracking). When you consider which browser to use you may want to consider this. Google wants to track you and advertise to you. They don't this via their most popular feature- search, they just try to do it everywhere else. Microsoft is in bed with a lot of of folks too. This is why for neither of them can you find the sort of robust blocking stuff as is available for Mozilla which has no commercial axe to grind. So when you choose which browser to use, these are some of the things to think about.

Thank you TTA. Gone back to Firefox, downloaded Adblock Plus and all the ads have gone :good:

Oooh! I could find myself a nice Chinese lady apparently :lol: :good:

my Thai bride turned up this morning...she ain't 'all that'.

After reading that I downloaded chrome. I'm now using it and I have ads in all skins.......

Edit - OK so there are no ads in IP board mobile.

post deleted.

OOOooOOoOOo cryptic!
shifty.gif

These ads are getting weird... Just saw an ad for meeting a Chinese lady to warm up your soul... :crazy:

:crazy:

OOOooOOoOOo cryptic!
shifty.gif

Not really. It means that they didn't think there'd be much opposition to the ads, but there is, so they're reviewing the policy. In all honesty, I can't say I blame Mr William for wanting a bit of income from the ads to help pay for hosting the forum and such like.

Personally, I'd much rather a few adverts (which as Two-Tank mentioned, you can download blockers for) than to have to pay a subscription to come on the site. How 'bout you?

I just bought a lebonese husband...TFF owes me a refund as it was an ad on their page :p

Many advertisement servers can now look at your previously viewed webpages, and serve you adverts which relate to stuff that you've been surfing for recently. For instance, I am often seeing adverts for holidays and ferry companies.

So, what does that imply about you, then, Dies? Hmmm? ;) :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Back