Hello, a newbie has landed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Manon

Reaction score
Hi

I have lurked a little so thought i'd come up for air, labyrinth style!

I have a 60 litre nano tank, a Dennerle I think. No fish yet. I'm deciding on fish while the tank cycles but am drawn towards a little sunshine gourami and a few tank mates. I'm still researching really. I have planted up with 'easy' plants and am interested in the blackwater style so have added the appropriate big brown leaf to see if it looks as good in real life.

That's all for now - I shall continue absorbing the masses of info. Thank you for reading.

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Make sure you research fishless cycling though if you are planting it you should check out the silent cycle to help get ready for fish. One of the first things to learn is how hard your water is as this will help make the decisions about what sort of fish will be the easiest to keep in your tank. If you dont have a test kit check out your local water suppliers website and you should be able to find the info there.

Wills

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Make sure you research fishless cycling though if you are planting it you should check out the silent cycle to help get ready for fish. One of the first things to learn is how hard your water is as this will help make the decisions about what sort of fish will be the easiest to keep in your tank. If you dont have a test kit check out your local water suppliers website and you should be able to find the info there.

Wills
Thank you for the welcome and tips Wills.

In the process of rising ammonia so all is progressing. I'm in no rush to get fish in as it's not fair to be browsing the local aquatic shop at the mo even though I know they're open. The temptation to stock up would be too strong. I'm happy to research and do science for now :)

Manon

Patience is definitely a virtue with this hobby. If you want to browse fish from home check out seriouslyfish.com really good profiles. I also like planet catfish and loaches.com if either of those groups interest you.

Wills

Hi

I have lurked a little so thought i'd come up for air, labyrinth style!

I have a 60 litre nano tank, a Dennerle I think. No fish yet. I'm deciding on fish while the tank cycles but am drawn towards a little sunshine gourami and a few tank mates. I'm still researching really. I have planted up with 'easy' plants and am interested in the blackwater style so have added the appropriate big brown leaf to see if it looks as good in real life.

That's all for now - I shall continue absorbing the masses of info. Thank you for reading.
Welcome to the forum, and the hobby :)

:hi:
welcome to TFF. Lots of helpful and knowledgeable members here to answer any questions you may have.

Be sure to vote in our Pet of the Month contest. And maybe enter our Fish of the Month and Tank of the Month contests.
to view POTM contest , click link below

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back