Helialux led

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Playsander

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My juwel rio 180 tanks twin flourescent lighting unit recently failed.
I have been meaning to upgrade to led lighting for some time now so bit the bullet and orderd a Juwel Helialux 1000 led unit. This is a direct replacement so my tank flaps still fit.
The difference in lighting is astonishing, my fish now seem to positively glow and my plants are growing like mad.
I have just ordered the helialux controller so I can customise the light output.
Watch this space for a review when the controller arrives.

Yeah one of the best changes that has happened in this hobby over the last 15 years is LED lighting becoming affordable and easy to get. Some much nicer than using T5 tubes, not to mention cheaper to run.

Yeah one of the best changes that has happened in this hobby over the last 15 years is LED lighting becoming affordable and easy to get. Some much nicer than using T5 tubes, not to mention cheaper to run.
Cheaper to run and don't adduce to the tanks heat unlike my flourescents which where a nightmare in the 6 days of we get a year when it's to hot. ;)

Hey - thinking of getting a helialux for my 450L but it's sooooo pricey. :(

Is the controller necessary? I.e. does the light automatically have presets for sunrise/sunset etc and/or does it work with phone?

Ta!

Hey - thinking of getting a helialux for my 450L but it's sooooo pricey. :(

Is the controller necessary? I.e. does the light automatically have presets for sunrise/sunset etc and/or does it work with phone?

Ta!
Sorry for the late reply I have been away. The controller is not essential as you can use a plug in timer the same as with a flourescenr fitting. The controller just means you can do lots of fancy stuff with the lighting colours.

Does the Helialux controller unit retain the time, light colour program settings if it looses power for any reason, unplugged or power cut?

I thought that controller is a necessary thing, now I know more, thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back