Heating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CathyG

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi! Happy New Year to you all! :)

I am planning a temporary upgrade in tank size. Temporary as in I plan to get a 500 litre in the near future, but in the short term my 3 x 2.5-3" Clown Loaches need a bit more space, so I am setting up a 200 litre for the time being, since we plan to move house in the next six months or so (hopefully) and our current living space will be overwhelmed by the 500 litre. Well I don't think so, but my hubby had me compromise lol! :D

My current hardware that I plan to transfer to the new tank consists of an Eheim 2213, and a Rena Cal 150 watt heater (suitable upto 150 litres?)

Whatever new hardware I need to get, I would like to be able to upgrade/transfer to the 500 litre eventually, if I can, the Rena Cor can be added to (I have sand substrate, hence the thought to use heating cables).

I have a couple of queries, really. Firstly, will a 150 watt heater and a 50 watt Rena Cor be sufficient for 200 litres (I have read conflicting opinions on how much the Rena Cor raises the water temperature) or should I add maybe a second (say) 50watt heater to help out?

The second query, the Eheim Classic 2213 claims to cope with volumes of upto 250 litres. I have a preference to over filter if I can, but the 500 litre set up (when I get it) already comes with a XP3, which I intended to use alongside my 2213 (with maybe one being mechanical, the other biological)

Should I introduce another filter at this stage to help out the 2213 on a 200 litre, and therefore end up with three externals available for my (eventual) 500 litre? Or should I see how the 2213 copes?

I am (at the moment) tending towards buying a 2215 to help the 2213, and when I get the 500 litre, selling te 2213 with the 200 litre tank (the 2213 will still have a years warranty at that point). Thoughts anyone? :)

Thank you in advance!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back