Heating A Small Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mike455555

i need to stop buying plants....
Reaction score
how would i go about heating a tinny tank (it would be for shrimp only) and way under 20L so a 25 watt heater wont do it. is it to hard to do? and advice will help :good:

A larger heater will be fine in a small tank. I have a 300w in 20 gallon fry tank. It just doesn't run much at all.

I have seen super small beta heaters. Maybe look for one of those

thanks for the quick reply. do you have a link? or a name of the betta heaters :blink:

as moby-krib says

they run on a thermostat, a larger power heater would reach temp quicker and therefore switch off sooner

a 25w heater is just fine for it
good.gif

If its just for shrimp don't bother with a heater unless its going to be kept somwhere cold. They cope fine at room temperature breed a bit slower though

If its just for shrimp don't bother with a heater unless its going to be kept somwhere cold. They cope fine at room temperature breed a bit slower though
Sorry but NO!!Do not!!Wrong sort of advice unless you keep room temp at 80 f +.
Yeah will live but at a suspended state below xyz deg depending.
Unless you could personally monitor the temp in op's house don't even hint.
I mean no disrespect but most shrimp need a tropical temp for active feeding and breeding.

So the op is totally correct in asking for heating suggestions, and has received such I would think.

Sorry but I dont have a link at hand but I suspect a Google would turn many.
just use the 25 you may have.should most certainly be fine and then some.

I mean no disrespect but most shrimp need a tropical temp for active feeding and breeding.

So the op is totally correct in asking for heating suggestions, and has received such I would think.

thanks for the advice and i couldent agree more even small tanks for shrimp need heating :good: and i'll keep an eye out for a 25W then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=aquarium+heater+25w&_dmpt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

Well from previous experiance I had a shrimp only tank with no heater in my room and they bred like mad and the room was never anywhere near 26C(80f) most people will keep there house at a comfertable temp of atleast 18C. And now I have them in a tank which is pretty cool usualy about 22-24C and they still breed like mad and keep my endlers well fed, I also have them in an other tank at 29C and only difference I found is that at the higher temperature they grow and breed much quicker. So from that and a bit of research it seem that within a certain range obviously, they will live but have slower or quicker life cycles depending on temp they are kept in pretty much like goldfish which are kept in tropical temps. Not saying i'm right or that its fact but just explaining my answer

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back