HEATER WHISTLING

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ivana Oswald

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with my heater(Atman), few days ago I noticed, it makes whistling sounds. Is there something wrong with it, should I get a new heater, could it be harmful for fish? Did someone have experience of this kind?

Hello, I have a problem with my heater(Atman), few days ago I noticed, it makes whistling sounds. Is there something wrong with it, should I get a new heater, could it be harmful for fish? Did someone have experience of this kind?
Try taking it out of the water and putting it back in. It could just be water that is trapped inside the filter that is trying to get out. Is it still making the sound?

If it is submersible with suction cups, ensure that the suction cup(s) are higher up and not on the lower heater coil portion of the heater.

Try taking it out of the water and putting it back in. It could just be water that is trapped inside the filter that is trying to get out. Is it still making the sound?
Yes I tried that, at first there was no sound and later it started whistling again.

are you sure it's your heater and not your filter? When you hear the sound, try turning off your filter and see if it goes away.

Can you post a video? you can post it here by post the video on Youtube, copy the link and paste it here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back