Heater Bust?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jlane1980

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
It would appear i'm starting to post on here alot! Sorry if i'm annoying anyone!!
During my (now daily) water change, i was looking around the tank and noticed that the top half of my heater (the bit, i believe, is the thermostat) has water ingress. It looks something like condensation on the inside.
I'm not sure if the water was inside it to begin with (pre-water change) or not.
There doesn't appear to be any in the lower part,, except a small amount at the top of the lower part.
I know that's really badly explained, i've tried to upload images, but can't figure it out, i'll keep trying, though!

not sure about the heater issue but to upload images you'll need an account with a someone like photobucket (free). Upload you pictures there and then link them in your posts here.

OK, Photobucket!

Here goes:
S5000674.jpg

S5000673.jpg

That Should have worked!

My concern is that the heater may stop working overnight!

Yesssss, it worked!

I feel like a technological genius!

Thanks! :good:

I'd keep an eye on it, they are meant to be sealed units, I'd check mine to see if it looks the same but it's at the back of the tank behind some plants, perhaps I should move mine so I can see it!

i'd check to see the brand is "fully" waterproof. not all aquarium heater are.

even so, i would replace it now. neither you, or your fish, need an electric shock. as it can kill you both.

i'd check to see the brand is "fully" waterproof. not all aquarium heater are.

even so, i would replace it now. neither you, or your fish, need an electric shock. as it can kill you both.

I've decided to go out and get one now, i'm going to take my old one out now, and i'm on my way out the door shortly.

Thanks for your advice.

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back