Heater broke

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Itā€™s Christmas Eve and my heater is broken. One of my fish has ich so I really need the heater and it is already colder than normal. Any suggestions on what to do because stores are closed on Christmas Day.

Do you know anyone who may have a spare heater you could borrow until you can buy a replacement heater? If not, your only option is to do water changes making sure to bring the fresh water up to the temperature you need using a mixture of hot & cold water and to try and insulate your tank using blankets etc. Obviously this is going to be a right royal pain in the rear, but I can't think of anything else.

Do you know anyone who may have a spare heater you could borrow until you can buy a replacement heater? If not, your only option is to do water changes making sure to bring the fresh water up to the temperature you need using a mixture of hot & cold water and to try and insulate your tank using blankets etc. Obviously this is going to be a right royal pain in the rear, but I can't think of anything else.
Thanks. Unfortunately I donā€™t think I can borrow a heater bc I donā€™t think anyone has one. Iā€™ll change the water and try to bring the temperature up.

If you are able (and can bear it) turn up the heating in the room by a couple of degrees. Leaving the tank lights on for longer may help too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back