Heat EMERGENCY!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was hit by a car years ago and have crushed vertebrate and discs in my back and neck. I can barely bend over and if I fall down, I stay down until 4 people lift me back up. I managed to do water changes.

I have told people this before and am repeating it now.

Get a couple of large water containers and put them next to or near the aquarium.
Use a garden hose to fill the containers with tap water. Let the tap run for a few minutes before collecting water.
Add your dechlorinator and aerate the water for a bit before using it. The water can be left overnight to cool down if it's too warm or you can put your frozen water bottles in it to cool it down before using it in the tank.

Use a syphon hose or garden hose to drain the aquarium water out the door.
When you have drained the aquarium, use a small water pump and hose to pump the water into the aquarium from the holding buckets.

It's that simple. No major lifting. No major bending over. No sloshing buckets of water through the house. Just use hoses, water pump and buckets, and you won't have to stress your back.

And like Byron said, stop stuffing around with the tank temperature.

Mine is coming out of my house taps in the high 80s to 90 degrees but I never do a water change over 50% and refill fairly slowly with the python, fish have been fine. I also don't run my heaters in the summer. They are the real fish killers

I was hit by a car years ago and have crushed vertebrate and discs in my back and neck. I can barely bend over and if I fall down, I stay down until 4 people lift me back up. I managed to do water changes.

I have told people this before and am repeating it now.

Get a couple of large water containers and put them next to or near the aquarium.
Use a garden hose to fill the containers with tap water. Let the tap run for a few minutes before collecting water.
Add your dechlorinator and aerate the water for a bit before using it. The water can be left overnight to cool down if it's too warm or you can put your frozen water bottles in it to cool it down before using it in the tank.

Use a syphon hose or garden hose to drain the aquarium water out the door.
When you have drained the aquarium, use a small water pump and hose to pump the water into the aquarium from the holding buckets.

It's that simple. No major lifting. No major bending over. No sloshing buckets of water through the house. Just use hoses, water pump and buckets, and you won't have to stress your back.

And like Byron said, stop stuffing around with the tank temperature.
So sorry about your back!

That seems like a great idea!
What type of water pump do you use? Amazon link?

I will admit I have been working out a bit more so I can lift more weight with my arms but my back still hurts.
Nothing I can do about that really unless I know I can curl 50 pounds 🤣🤣 Yah not happening with my stick arms

Yah I think that was it!

I was sad when you left!
You said you would keep annoying me with the aquarium walled bathroom daily... 🤣🤣
1660257644472.png

on that fish tank/ room temperature thing - that is true to the extent of you don't have too much agitation. I keep some comet goldfish and shubunkin goldfish in a stock tank in my greenhouse, greenhouse today at 3 pm was 108, tank temp 82. One pump, multiple drops off wide ledges (that have plants growing on them). I don't use ice to cool water. I move water thru air or air thru water with an airstone

on that fish tank/ room temperature thing - that is true to the extent of you don't have too much agitation. I keep some comet goldfish and shubunkin goldfish in a stock tank in my greenhouse, greenhouse today at 3 pm was 108, tank temp 82. One pump, multiple drops off wide ledges (that have plants growing on them). I don't use ice to cool water. I move water thru air or air thru water with an airstone
That's not my fish tank if that's what your thinking 😂

Rocky, in the interests of full disclosure I must confess I have used the tank cooling methods I outlined only for my axotles. As for the fish tanks (10) I use the Rocky Central AC System. Seriously, I kid you not. When Rocky, my French Bulldog, begins to pant due to warm weather, I flip on the house central AC. This happens between
1F7F5E0F-044E-4759-A7A1-799EC716BA00.jpeg
75-78F. Rocky to the rescue!

I see you hired my bathroom designer. I have 5 like that in the house now.

Rocky, in the interests of full disclosure I must confess I have used the tank cooling methods I outlined only for my axotles. As for the fish tanks (10) I use the Rocky Central AC System. Seriously, I kid you not. When Rocky, my French Bulldog, begins to pant due to warm weather, I flip on the house central AC. This happens between
So the AC actually keeps the water temp down?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back