He sure loves his seaweed.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Thatā€™s great that he likes it so much!

Perhaps Iā€™ll have to try some seaweed out myself as my pleco doesnā€™t seem to really like the zucchini or cucumber much. I completely forgot about seaweed, though I do remember trying it a few years back and my schoolers and livebearers going to town on it.

Thatā€™s great that he likes it so much!

Perhaps Iā€™ll have to try some seaweed out myself as my pleco doesnā€™t seem to really like the zucchini or cucumber much. I completely forgot about seaweed, though I do remember trying it a few years back and my schoolers and livebearers going to town on it.
Mine doesn't either. I've only had him for 3 weeks but have had no luck with zucchini, cucumber or sweet potato, but he loves algae wafers and the seaweed. Luckily I have cories in the same tank that love most anything so the veggies don't go to waste..

Mine doesn't either. I've only had him for 3 weeks but have had no luck with zucchini, cucumber or sweet potato, but he loves algae wafers and the seaweed. Luckily I have cories in the same tank that love most anything so the veggies don't go to waste..
Iā€™ve had mine for a few months, but she primarily eats the algae and wood I think(hoping she also eats some of food for the other fish, but they eat it all so quickly not sure if they miss any for her to eat lol). Of course thatā€™s not the healthiest diet so Iā€™m trying to get some of their other nutrition needs in.

Iā€™ve considered trying bell peppers and will likely try the seaweed as well. Iā€™m really glad I saw this video, I always forget that seaweeds a thing you can feed them lol.

Iā€™ve had mine for a few months, but she primarily eats the algae and wood I think(hoping she also eats some of food for the other fish, but they eat it all so quickly not sure if they miss any for her to eat lol). Of course thatā€™s not the healthiest diet so Iā€™m trying to get some of their other nutrition needs in.

Iā€™ve considered trying bell peppers and will likely try the seaweed as well. Iā€™m really glad I saw this video, I always forget that seaweeds a thing you can feed them lol.
I have heard they like spinach and lettuce, and also broccoli but haven't tried those. The main trick for me is making sure he gets enough as the angels and gouramis also try to eat the seaweed and algae wafers.

I have heard they like spinach and lettuce, and also broccoli but haven't tried those. The main trick for me is making sure he gets enough as the angels and gouramis also try to eat the seaweed and algae wafers.
Oh the other fish are awful! They always swarm at the food and my pleco hates being near them. Even if I try to take a photo of the pleco theyā€™ll swarm near me and hit the pleco(not intentionally), making her upset. They are quite active lol.

What I do in feeding is turn off the lights after the food goes in, this way the less robust fish have a bit more of a chance to get the food.

Oh the other fish are awful! They always swarm at the food and my pleco hates being near them. Even if I try to take a photo of the pleco theyā€™ll swarm near me and hit the pleco(not intentionally), making her upset. They are quite active lol. Mine are too especially my angels and pearl gouramis especially during feeding time.

What I do in feeding is turn off the lights after the food goes in, this way the less robust fish have a bit more of a chance to get the food.

I don't know if my pleco is male or female yet as I don't see whiskers yet but he/she is pretty young.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back