He Killed My Vt Nightlight :( :( -update On Ramjets Tank And Sickness.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

electric yellow

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I went away for two weeks and lost one of my VTs :( I left specific instructions on water changes, feeding, testing the water etc and SOMEHOW he managed to kill it! :angry:

AND on top of that when he drained the tank he FORGOT to check it for other fish and killed my THREE plecs that were in there!!!! SO ANGRY!!!

My poor NightLight VT! I didnt even get a chance to say bye. Stupid brother in law :(

newadditions017.jpg

newadditions013.jpg

When i went away for two weeks Ramjet my red VT had no tail or fins and he was the one i thought wouldnt make it but he is alive and kicking! I will post pics of his tail regrowth tmw so you can see. His water is still a bit yuck but im going to change it tmw.

I even told him my bettas were my prize possessions and if ANYTHING happen to them i would be shattered :(

Oh no! *hug*

I'd ask him to reimburse you for the cost of new fish. I know it's not much and it doesn't replace what you've lost or make it right, but I still would.

And find someone else to look after your babies next time.

*extra hugs*

:rip:

when I go away, mind you it is only a week. I dont let anyone touch my fish, I clean them out before I go and they just have to stay hungry. Touch wood, they have been fine a bit cross with me but thats all!

i am sorry this has happened, but was there no inclination your bro in law would be useless at it?

surely the fish could have gone for 2 weeks with just being fed? and water tests etc waited til you got home? its what i do and just ask my mom to feed them

:rip:

so sorry to hear that :(
we are going away for 5 days soon, got someone coming in to check on them, turn lights on & off and check for powercuts!!!
im going to clean & feed before we go and they are not to be touched until i get back!!!
Just dont trust anyone else, esecially as one of our tanks is marine!!

Yeah if I go away I make sure who ever's looking after them knows exactly how much food to give them and change the water before I go, poor fishies just have to stay in the same water for longer than normal.

I'm sorry for your loss, :(

-Rezz

Sorry about the losses of your fish. :( I'm always worried that something like this will happen when I go on vacation.

I'm so sorry, i lost one of my boy's yesterday too, when i go away for 2 weeks i just have someone feed them once a week.

R.I.P Little fella

See i fed him up before we left, did a water change but he took it upon himself to drain the tank when he died. There was no signs of ailing fish when we left at all! He had no reason to change the water and the 4 page letter of instructions i left he clearly didnt read. All he had to do was feed them :X

in your first post you said you left instructions of water changes, now youre saying you asked him NOT to do water changes?

^^
Yeah there was instructions on water changes as i was away for two weeks and do weekly changes. (Sorry im still tierd from our holiday) But he was also informed it was not neccessary to do the water change in that tank as i had done it and it was only to be done if the ph balance was wrong or if he over fed them. I felt the need as i do whenever someone looks after our pets to tell them all the info they need to know. He didnt do a water change, he just drained the tank when the fish died. He has no clue as to why the fish died...he just flushed it..

**He actually has fish himself which is why we were confident that he knew what he was doing..

Update on Ramjet...this is his tan k and tail before i left. ive been treating him with water changes and Melafix as his tail disappeared over night.
Before...
Random005.jpg

Today...water change tmw..you can see the fin regrowth is clear but im hoping his colour will come back! hes had a rough trott this year with such severe fin rott and white spot and now this...

Holiday569.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back