Have You Ever Bought An Impulse Aquatic Buy & Live To Regret It?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
Hi all

I was thinking we all buy fish at some stage on impulse...

Have you ever bought something you didn't look into before and wished you hadn't?? or has it been your best buy??

Mine has been a grown to adore it...by buying 6 trilineatus corys and then 3 dying in 1 week (wishing i hadn't got them) to the other 3 breeding like mad in the first week of having them ,and now i'm cory crazy :lol:

Yes I bought a fish on pure impulse, got home and found it was just too big for the tank....

001-7.jpg

:hyper: hahahaaha loving that!!

Probably a poor Gold Nugget plec, oh yeah that will be fine in my normal tank..... read up its requirments oh maybe i should change this in my tan.... wait its dead :sad:

terrapins once out of pity which reaked havoc in my tank and when i was younger a fig 8 puffer which was a nasty little #28###!!

lol, is that what tiger sharks look like out of water?

i think i got my rosy barbs as an impulse buy, i returned most of them a few months later, except one who i cant seem to catch for the life of me

i bought 2 tiger oscars on impulse about 2 yrs ago
blush.gif
..they were cute n fluffy- ok not fluffy.. but gorgeous.. they were the best fish i ever bought.. tho one ( jambo) beat the hell out of the smaller one after a while so it was rehomed) but jambo came to be a regular " problem" on these boards due to his down right naughtiness :lol:
then i moved from scotland to wales and couldnt move him that far so rehomed him the night before the move ( had to make sure he went to the right home) i still get email updates on him, and hes still up to his monkey bizz
rolleyes.gif

they were the start of my passion for oscars.. couldnt imagine being without one now :)

Yes I bought a really pretty botia but wasn't sure what type it was. It was a lovely colour and nice patterns. Had some young platies in my tank and next morning they were all gone. Caught him eating the last one. :angry: Then he started on my cories, ripping their fins to bits so he went back to the LFS pronto.The tank label said "Tiger botia" Anyway the owner sold it again and guess what? The next person took it back too as it killed all his neons. :rolleyes: Wasn't very big either. The lfs said he came in accidentally with Pakistanis but had to be moved from them when he was beating them all up. :rolleyes:

Think it was a Botia hymenophysa. Are they known to be trouble?

Nice as they are, I do rather wish I hadn't bought my gold barbs, and even now I am considering re-homing them as I am trying to gradually reduce the amount of fish in my 30 gal so I'm left with just my gourami.

The odds and ends are all too old and decrepit to give to a fish store, no one would buy them so they will of course simply live out their lives. But eventually I do want just the gourami left. And when she eventually dies I'll have just a nice betta in there wth heavy planting.

I bought sw leaf fish (I think thats what its called, latin name is Taenianotus triacanthus) on impulse. I went into the lfs looking for something interesting for my then empty tank. I saw it and had done a bit of research on frogfish and figured they should have fairly similar needs. Prior to going into the store I had no knowledge on this particular fish though. I thought I had seen it the last few times I'd gone in there so I asked and the store said they'd had it for a couple years and it hadn't really grown so they assumed it was full grown. I bought it figuring I could always stick it in a bigger empty tank I had if I had to. Got home and figured out I made an ok choice and it has probably been my best impulse buy to date. I still have the little guy too.

I bought 2 chinese algae eaters and a common pleco "to go with my goldfish" - shop said it was fine!

Everyone does get along but I am trying to re-home the algae eaters as one is picking on my goldfish and I've had them longer so they are staying and I want to keep my pleco; I will be getting him a bigger tank when the time comes :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back