Have Pic...Need help to Diagnose!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishykisses

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here he is, Jackson with his weird spot...Help me diagnose please?! I need to start to treat pretty soon.

100_0033_2.jpg

Thanks

When Jackson is side on, is the lump raised? If so, it might be fungus. Is there anything in his tank he could have scraped it on? It might just be the scales healing.

Until you find out for sure what it is, just keep his water clean and warm, with some Stress Coat. :)

How is he acting? Is he eating and acting normal?

he just got a new home with a new cave which he loves, it's possible he scratched himself coming in or out of it. He's acting completely normal, eating well and quite active, does't seem itchy or anything.
I looked from the side and it's dipped in, like scales are missing, i'll add more stress coat and hopefully it'll heal up quick, unless it's something else.
Thank you for the reply, i feel a bit better now. I was feeling kinda paniky about it.
He was (is) my first betta when i got back into fish keeping... now there's 10!

My money's on scraping himself on his cave.
What's the cave look like? Can you see somewhere that he might have scraped himself?

I'm going to have to agree. It really DOES look like scales missing. Keep his water extra clean until it heals completely, so he doesn't get infected.

I figured it out cause i just saved him from an untimely death!

If you saw my post yesterday about Zorrow going in and out of the undergravel filter hole, well Jackson tried to do the same thing, obviosly a couple times...i though because i put his cave kind of over it he wouldn't go it, but that didn't detour him...well a few minutes ago he tried again but couldn't get out, i had to pull him out. I've now blocked the hole with a rock and put bettafix in the water, i already added salt this morning so i don't think i should add any more.
Thanks guys

fishykisses said:
I figured it out cause i just saved him from an untimely death!

If you saw my post yesterday about Zorrow going in and out of the undergravel filter hole, well Jackson tried to do the same thing, obviosly a couple times...i though because i put his cave kind of over it he wouldn't go it, but that didn't detour him...well a few minutes ago he tried again but couldn't get out, i had to pull him out. I've now blocked the hole with a rock and put bettafix in the water, i already added salt this morning so i don't think i should add any more.
Thanks guys
:eek: Wow, that is one determined betta... glad the problem is fixed though. Hope he gets better soon!

That's one hard thing for me about finding toys. You HAVE to make sure the holes are too big for them. Poor little dude. Maybe think about permanently attaching that marble into the hole. He should be fine though.

Good betta parent!! At least you sat and figured it out. He should be fine. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back