FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
here he is bgging me for some more food
Photo-0055.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

As far as I know, he's going to get far too big for that tank. Are you planning on upgrading?

why do I get the feeling he's in a 10-20gallon tank or less? Piranahs although a fish that starts small get's to be a 12" monster in just under a year

yes i am planning on upgradingthe tank. you see the tank he is in now is a 5-6 Gal.
then he is being upgraded to a 12 gal. after that a 40 gal and after that my uncles 70 gal.
if i do it this way then percy will not grow as quick and the food what he eats will improve his colour
alot more. by moving him to tank to tank it gives him chance to grow a little(i read this in
an article on the internet)

Something tells me that that isent right. Why not just move him straight into the biggest tank you can with a friend or two?

i think it makes perfect sence o yeh i have this story i will post on tropical chit chat
in a mo

i think it makes perfect sence o yeh i have this story i will post on tropical chit chat
in a mo

yes i am planning on upgradingthe tank. you see the tank he is in now is a 5-6 Gal.
then he is being upgraded to a 12 gal. after that a 40 gal and after that my uncles 70 gal.
if i do it this way then percy will not grow as quick and the food what he eats will improve his colour
alot more. by moving him to tank to tank it gives him chance to grow a little(i read this in
an article on the internet)

Hi i don't normally post on here, just use it for reference, but am an active member and a member of staff on the best piranha dedicated site on the net - http://www.piranhaforum.co.uk

The infomation on your piranha will not grow as quick/bring out the colour? is incorrect. The reason piranha are best kept in larger tanks is that they are messy eaters and create alot of waste, they also grow really quickly, upto 6in in the 1st year.

Water quality is a big factor in piranha keeping and keeping a messy fish in a 6 gallon tank is goning to be hard keeping the quaility up.

I currently keep 9 Pygocentrus Nattereri ( Red Bellied Piranha) in a 150+ gal tank. Also keep a couple of other species of piranha.

If possible it would be best if you could keep 'percy' in the largest tank you've got, a 40 G should be fine for a single species for life.

I am by no means a piranha expert, and recommend the forum i mentioned, check it out and good luck with your new piranha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back