Hatching Cory eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Anthony1976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys Iā€™m new to the site so hello everyone and thankyou for letting me join your site.
Iā€™m have a problem hatching my Cory eggs out . First time I tried was using a tumbler and I had instant success and hatched out around twenty eggs. Second time was going really well until the third day when I saw one egg fungus over and 24 hours later the whole lot was spoiled . Third time failure again with over 100 eggs same thing just fungusing over after a few days. Iā€™ve been thinking of trying this a different way because with the egg tumbler the eggs are constantly touching each other when they are bouncing around causing them to fungus badly. Iā€™m going to try to move the eggs in future to a small tank with airstones and Iā€™m going to add some methylene blue to try to combat the fungus . My question is is this the best way to go foreward considering the two failures? And would I have to maintain the same temperature in the hatching tank by using a heater in there ? But methylene blue stains everything and will stain the heater? Do you need to heat the hatching out tank or does it have to be heated?

Thanks heaps

Heat depends on ambient temperature and the species of corydoras.

Remove any egg that funguses, immediately. Check at least twice a day. If not removed, it will spread.

Water movement, meth blue, and alder cones will help prevent fungus.

I don't use an egg tumbler, but I use a container with an airstone. I use alder cones as well. Fungus still can happen, but those should be removed asap.

Most reactions

Back