Has my BNP eaten a frog?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Eardz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Bristlenose Pleco which is kept with two African Dwarf Frogs. One of these frogs I havenā€™t seen for a number of days, Iā€™ve searched the tank (caves, substrate, plants, filter) and also the floor. I have a full lid so itā€™s unlikely the frog has escaped.

Would a BNP pleco eat a frog? I am stumpedā€¦

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0ADF581D-5FB1-45DE-B9B9-A4FF32F28076.jpeg
    0ADF581D-5FB1-45DE-B9B9-A4FF32F28076.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 56
The Pleco would only eat a dead frog. Plecos are scavengers, sort of like vultures. So itā€™s possible the frog died and the Pleco ate it overnight.

Have you checked in all the hiding places and in the filter?

Even if the frog died and the pleco ate it, there should be a skeleton in the tank. Frogs aren't that small so there should be some remains somewhere, assuming it died and got eaten.

The Pleco would only eat a dead frog. Plecos are scavengers, sort of like vultures. So itā€™s possible the frog died and the Pleco ate it overnight.

Have you checked in all the hiding places and in the filter?
Yes I believe Iā€™ve checked everywhere, the filter intake is grated and so the frog couldnā€™t fit in there at all. I think at the moment this remains a mystery !

Even if the frog died and the pleco ate it, there should be a skeleton in the tank. Frogs aren't that small so there should be some remains somewhere, assuming it died and got eaten.
Yeah, well thatā€™s what I thought too. I see no signs of anything having died in the tank. Iā€™m very confused!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back