Has it ever crossed your mind...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐢 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month πŸ†
Reaction score
I am just curious...
Do you ever chuckle or laugh when browsing the topic headings of our forum threads? What do you suppose the people outside of the hobby would think about the titles without any context attached?

For example:

"Are Fiddler Crab Hardy Enough For Cycling"?

or

"Is she early stages pregnant? Or is she looking a bit rectangular..."

Has is ever crossed your mind how bizarre some of them are...?

Go ahead, try for yourself and share which ones tickle your laugh machine!

It cracks me up...
(Then again, I tend to be easily amused...).

πŸ₯³βœ¨πŸ‘―:nod:.....πŸŽͺπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽˆπŸŽ‘πŸš€πŸƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ πŸ€ΉπŸ»πŸ€Ήβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜ΈπŸ„πŸ‘©β€πŸš€πŸ’«πŸ­πŸͺπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ›ΈπŸŽ’πŸŽ†πŸͺŸπŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ :band::jumprope:.....:hyper::dreads:πŸ€©πŸ˜„πŸ˜œπŸ€ͺπŸŒͺοΈβœ¨πŸŒπŸ›ΌπŸͺ—πŸŽŸοΈπŸͺ„πŸŒˆπŸ•΅οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘½πŸ˜‡ ... πŸ’).

What can I say, it's late (early?) and I can't sleep...

Last edited:
I find it a little derisive to do it since many on forums do not have first language as English and perhaps find it difficult to word thread titles etc

Not everyone is experienced on forums, so although they can see an issue with an animal (or anything) they find it hard to put it into words...especially the title.

I find it a little derisive to do it since many on forums do not have first language as English and perhaps find it difficult to word thread titles etc

Not everyone is experienced on forums, so although they can see an issue with an animal (or anything) they find it hard to put it into words...especially the title.

Oh no!
I don't mean to mock anyone or judge their use of wording, language, or grammar.

I just think that, without context or a background in the hobby, some of the thread titles can be absurd...

A crab on a bicycle conjures up pretty humerous imagery, at least in my imagination.

I tend to ponder bit more than 9 out of 10 doctors would recommend.

Oh no!
I don't mean to mock anyone or judge their use of wording, language, or grammar.

I just think that, without context or a background in the hobby, some of the thread titles can be absurd...

A crab on a bicycle conjures up pretty humerous imagery, at least in my imagination.

I tend to ponder bit more than 9 out of 10 doctors would recommend.
I understand that fiddler crabs, being tough little beggars, have no problems on two wheels. Spider crabs, however...

Actually, we now know who ate all the pies.

A question will always be a question and if I am perfectly honest no silly questions that are funny ... there are always someone that knows moere than you and the list goes on ...

I understand that fiddler crabs, being tough little beggars, have no problems on two wheels. Spider crabs, however...

Actually, we now know who ate all the pies.
Or the Jack of Hearts, in the case of "Who Ate the Queen's Tarts?"

A question will always be a question and if I am perfectly honest no silly questions that are funny ... there are always someone that knows moere than you and the list goes on ...
I agree that the questions are valid. It's not the thread "questions" that are funny or silly---when related to the forum.

It's just that the phrases, when isolated from fishkeeping, are humerous to the imagination.

Non-fishkeepers wouldn't understand.
Just try it yourself. Read some of the thread titles and imagine you didn't know anything about fish keeping...

Most biologists would find 'Poop and Parasites' intriguing.
Then there's 'Lemon Tetra Fries'...yummy!
'What's your opinion on sororities?' invites all manner of interesting responses.
'Golden Wonder' breeding' suggests, to us Brits at least, a treatise on the propagation of what 'Murricans would call chips.
I could easily see local farmers getting excited over 'Problem Rams'.
'I have been doing this for many years to grow good bacteria.. Time to find out...' sounds like a rationalisation for poor personal hygiene.

Plus, many thread titles relating to cycling can easily be misconstrued, as could those referring to poor old Molly.

Most biologists would find 'Poop and Parasites' intriguing.
Then there's 'Lemon Tetra Fries'...yummy!
'What's your opinion on sororities?' invites all manner of interesting responses.
'Golden Wonder' breeding' suggests, to us Brits at least, a treatise on the propagation of what 'Murricans would call chips.
I could easily see local farmers getting excited over 'Problem Rams'.
'I have been doing this for many years to grow good bacteria.. Time to find out...' sounds like a rationalisation for poor personal hygiene.

Plus, many thread titles relating to cycling can easily be misconstrued, as could those referring to poor old Molly.
Thanks for playing.
😊

I have been doing this for many years to grow good bacteria.. Time to find out...[/URL]' sounds like a rationalisation for poor personal hygiene.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

😭 That one's tickled me!

Help with strange growths.....
ew-no-5c225c.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back