Has anyone tried Theese

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blake0509

Reaction score
I was recently looking at bits on amazon and came across Theese Balls that promote cleaning? How will theese complement a fully planted tank(with regular water changes) , if so anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121_231607_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121_231607_com.android.chrome.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 58
I could not find that exact match, can you provide a link. What I did find on amazon was not an exact match but these are beneficial bacteria in a ball. For me the advertising is a bit misleading, where as it says clean your water, when the only time these are needed is when you are starting up a new aquarium and need to jump start the BB growth, that is what these can be used far. After that they are no longer needed.

Here is the link to what I found on amazon...Pure Aquarium

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I could not find that exact match, can you provide a link. What I did find on amazon was not an exact match but these are beneficial bacteria in a ball. For me the advertising is a bit misleading, where as it says clean your water, when the only time these are needed is when you are starting up a new aquarium and need to jump start the BB growth, that is what these can be used far. After that they are no longer needed.

Here is the link to what I found on amazon...Pure Aquarium
I believe they are the same thing my tank is already established as I will be using media and water from my other tank, I had a feeling they were a bit misleading however the reviews seemed otherwise, I appreciate your reply thanks :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I believe they are the same thing my tank is already established as I will be using media and water from my other tank, I had a feeling they were a bit misleading however the reviews seemed otherwise, I appreciate your reply thanks :)
Your welcome.

As Utar said, they contain Beneficial Bacteria. I had them and used them to boost BB when setting up new tanks (with established media, no point in adding the dirty water as BB don't live in the water column). I also used them when adding a new group of fish to balance the BB whilst they catch up with the added bioload. I placed them in the filter, sometimes a load of them as they can't be overdosed.

As Utar said, they contain Beneficial Bacteria. I had them and used them to boost BB when setting up new tanks (with established media, no point in adding the dirty water as BB don't live in the water column). I also used them when adding a new group of fish to balance the BB whilst they catch up with the added bioload. I placed them in the filter, sometimes a load of them as they can't be overdosed.
Thank you, I never knew BB didnt live in the water column I've always been told to move over water too.

It's a common myth that BB are in the water. But BB live on solid surfaces like filter media and the substrate, even ornaments and tank walls.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back