hAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY CURED HOLE IN THE HEAD?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

julia

Reaction score
i HAVE KEPT OSCCARS FOR YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS, INFACT I HAVE TAKEN ON A FEW UNWANTES. APROX 10 INFACT! ONE OF MY LATEST ARRIVALS HAS HOLE-IN-THE-HEAD i HAVE TRIED WATERLIFE TREATMENTS ,SHORT TEARM RESULTS WERE GOOD BUT NOW THINGS SEEM TO BE GETTING WORSE AGAIN. WATER QUALITY ECT ARE GOOD. ANY SUGGESTIONS?? Thanks .

What are you feeding it? And yes there are products to treat it here in the U.S. but not sure about the U.K. If you cant find it locally check online stores which should have the product.

ciclid excell. earth worms, prawns. as he is aprox 12" he is only fed 3 times a week, thanks for the reply. :fun:

mis management of the nitrogen cycle is said to contribute to hole in the head desease . Maybe you could step up the water changes [ not to insult your maintanence practices ]. This was my case a few years ago . I started doing larger and more frequent changes , and feeding a little less , than I was doing and slowly the infected fish became well . this has been my experience .

Is it just the new guy still , he may have been subject to poor water quality[ most likely ] maybe you could set him up by himself for a while [ if you haven't already ], remove any food he doesn't eat right away , if any , and any waist he my create as soon as you see it as well[ overkill and easier said than done ]. There are meds , but I found that fresh water really helped my cichlids .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back